inactive

Tomer Singer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 8th, 2016
egg freezing patient
I loved his bedside manners, he was available during office hours and weekend when ever had any questions regarding medication. Always has a big smile and optimism and seems passionate. His nurses RaChel, Amy and Gina are a jam. Rosie his sonographer is the best. He runs a tight ship- but I guess you have to with so many patients and employees.

June 23rd, 2016
My experience
There are some instances in life that you think you wish you have not met someone. Going to Dr Singer's office is one of those occasions. I went there with my fiancé for consultation since he was living in different states but still I wanted to get pregnant. Dr Singer ran some test and informed us that my chance of getting pregnant is very very low though I was 33 at that time and showed us some graphs and numbers and recommended doing IVF. We were so shocked and I was emotionally and pschologically so hurt as I have not even tried naturally before (I was on birth control for 3 years). I mentioned that I would like to try naturally first before going directly to IVF. then he suggested IUI and gave me some pills. A day before IUI the nurse called me and said the I need to go to Manhasset center in long Island for the procedure the location that was not known to me. During the 3 sessions of consultation he had never informed us that all his procedure would be done in different center in long island otherwise I would have chosen some other doctors as commute was very difficult for me in winter as I was working and above all I did not have a car. Nevertheless I rent a zip car and went to the center where I found out that I had already ovulated. Yes he had calculated my ovulation date wrong! so all these efforts of going there and taking the pill for 10 days and having my husband to travel for the procedure was in the air! He just told us this would happen because my ovaries are non functional! he suggested another round of tests! and few days later he called me to office and said I am not a candidate for any treatment as one of my hormones is very high and suggested egg donation. I was crushed! I had a nervous break down for few weeks that I had to see a psychologist. My husband banned me to see him anymore and instead suggested to relax more and we went on a caribbean trip. and that was it! 2 months later I became pregnant on my own and now having my healthy little boy! Stay as far away from this doctor as possible!! He does not have any compassion or sympathy about your emotional health.

November 30th, 2015
Don't waste time and money!!!
I think this place should be ashamed of themselves on how they treat there patients. They are very rued and nasty. The staff there are very unfriendly and not nice to there patients either. Dr singer himself is a lier and just wants to make money on people he is not there to help you at all. I dont recommend dr singer at all ,they will not help you get where you want to get just take your money. There is a Manager there named Alexis she is just as nasty as everyone

October 31st, 2015
Don't even think going there . Long wait ,unprofessional staff Very rude office manager . Nurse never return phone calls . Over charge for any visit.

June 3rd, 2015
We went to Dr singer for our first IVF cycle. My fiancé and I knew very little about IVF and wanted it that way bc the internet provides too much info and negativity and sometimes it's best to stay away from google. Although we weren't successful at our first cycle, everything with Dr Singer and his staff and LIJ North Shore went extremely smooth and professional. Yes, his office is very busy. But that's a good sign!!! I was never rushed. Everything was explained to me and all my questions were always answered. Dr Singer and his staff are very personable and no one ever mistreated us. Communication with this staff during the shots and entire process was excellent and I never had to chase anyone down or make numerous calls or feel like no one was overseeing my protocol. I am 43 and I know we are challenged. But with God and Dr Singer we are hopeful going into our second round of IVF next month. Dr Singer is quick and thorough. He is upfront and realistic about your situation but focuses on the positive. North Shore Hospital was flawless every time we went for sperm and for egg retrieval. No drama. No hustle. Clean quiet easy and peaceful -- . Dr Singer and his associates run a first class AAA+++ clinic. The office is always busy and lost going on filled with women just like myself wanting to have a child. That is always a good sign and there is no doubt in our minds that Dr Singer and his staff will help us be successful in having a healthy baby this year!

June 1st, 2015
Ny Patient
Dr. Singer is great, he greets you with a genuine smile and makes you feel at ease. He really loves his work and it shows. There is no other doctor I would rather choose. The office staff is also very kind, and they are aware that you are waiting.

January 12th, 2014
Dr. Singer and my 2 boys
From the first minute I met Dr. Singer, I knew I was in good hands. He is exactly the kind of Doctor that you wish to have, especially when you’re in such a vulnerable state. Dr. Singer never treated me as just “another patient”. I always felt that he really cares about me and was open to any question or concern I had. He made the whole experience very pleasant and comfortable. His follow-up and involvement during the pregnancy process were extremely professional, and I always felt so comfortable around him. He kind, calm and pleasant personality, combined with his extreme professionalism, make up an amazing and special kind of doctor! It was very refreshing to have a doctor like Dr. Singer; that truly cares about you, sees the full picture and has endless patience. So far I have 2 wonderful boys, and I hope Dr. Singer will be around when I have my third (girl?). Thank you Dr. Singer!

November 19th, 2013
Big Disappointment
I was misinformed about my AMH results (was told they were fine when they were not), and when this was brought to my attention by another doctor reviewing my records, I inquired with Singer. He believed vehemently that he told me. That's neither here nor there at this point. My poor review of him is how he handled the situation after. - He was immediately defensive and tried to blame me for confusing conversations when we first spoke on the phone. A more appropriate response for someone who felt she had this experience (I was still reeling from the devastation of the news), whether he believed her or not, would have been to not attempt to place blame, but to address the next steps moving forward. I kept having to say, "I really want to put that behind me and talk about what to do moving forward." It felt as though I was less emotional in the conversation than he was. I really wasn't, I was just trying to calm him down and have a productive conversation. - I found it difficult to get a timeline of things from him. Perhaps this stemmed from the first misunderstanding, but he seemed ultra-sensitive to my questions-- as though I was challenging him on every little thing, rather than truly trying to understand the process. And if I sought clarification, he seemed to grasp at that as evidence that I was easily confused, pointing to why I must have been wrong on the first "misunderstanding" regarding my AMH. - He's short-tempered and has little patience. The final straw was when I called to set up an appointment to come in post-surgery with another doctor. We spoke, he suggested that I get in six days later for egg retrieval. If we waited, he explained, I would have to wait two months as my next cycle would fall on the holidays when the office is closed. I called the office the next day to make the appointment and asked a simple question of the receptionist about when I needed to start taking fertility medication. I presumed this needed to be done before my appointment, but he hadn't mentioned it. He got on the phone abruptly and immediately sounded annoyed. Another misunderstanding ensued. Evidently, egg retrieval on the sixth day was not his intent. His voice got increasingly louder and he accused me of telling his staff what to do (it really was just a question). After back and forth (and his accusing me of recording his conversations, when I was simply referring to a voice message he left), we decided I would see another doctor. I can say more about his rudeness, impatience, defensiveness, condescension, but it will begin to sound more like a personal attack, rather than an objective helpful review. This was an extremely upsetting experience for me. I would never recommend him to anyone. Aside from his defensiveness and temper, he doesn't know how to acknowledge a person's experience or feelings -- in this line of work, this seems critical. I'm having to start over with another doctor at a critical time. This was something I was trying to avoid, but I should have gone with my gut when the first "misunderstanding" occurred.

October 5th, 2013
I highly recommend Dr. Tomer Singer
Dr. Singer is definitely a doctor you want to have when dealing with fertility treatments. He is SUPER professional, takes the time to answers all of your questions, and even encourages them. He truly cares about his patients! Do yourself a big favor and go straight to him. No words can describe how wonderful he is!!

May 27th, 2013
Absolutely wonderful
Dr. Singer is absolutely wonderful. After years of dealing with other infertility doctors, I'm so glad I found him - my only regret is not having found him sooner. It's clear that he takes his job very seriously and is genuinely invested in your fertility success. He's warm, friendly and really thorough. And even if it's 11 pm, he never fails to call with results or just some reassurance through a very stressful time. His staff is wonderful, too. Can't recommend him enough.

November 14th, 2012
Amazing experience
Meeting with Dr. Singer was an overall rewarding experience. He is very warm, personable and understanding. He expresses a genuine passion and concern for his profession and his patients. He is extremely knowledgeable and attentive to his patient's needs. I am a new patient but so far he has been accurate about each diagnosis and has already helped me along this very exciting path. One will be able to rest easy as she will know that he is going above and beyond to help the dreams of parenting become a reality.

September 27th, 2012
Dr. Singer is a newer addition to the North Shore LIJ Center for Human Reproduction team. As a patient at the Center for some time, I have been seen by nearly all of the doctors at one time or another. I have been attended to by Dr. Singer several times in the last few weeks and have found him to be very professional, warm, and patient. He takes his time to explain what he is doing fully, and then is patient to answer questions. He always ends the visit on an encouraging note. I recommend him highly!