Dr. Tommie Richardson MD Patient Reviews

4.8

• Good
  • Bad

November 4th, 2016
Every apointment if frustrating.
I've seen Dr. Richardson for 3 years now, but my recent appointment is the last straw. After waiting an hour past my appointment time (which happened at least 50% of the time), it's discovered I owed a balance because he used the wrong code with the type of appointment we had. The code he used isn't covered by my insurance. This has happened four times in the three years I've seen him. It then becomes a nightmare dealing with the billing department. They tell you it's his fault. He says he has nothing to do with it. During one appointment he's stopped to take a call from his wife to discuss which color Mercedes they should get. I can go on and on with other examples why you should find a different doctor, but that understand, if you do make an appointment with him, know going in it will be a very frustrating experience.

March 25th, 2013
Great - Worth the wait to see..
There's only one other Doctor I've been a patient of that I feel was comparable with consideration of overall practice and my perceived level of intelligence (the doctor has) but that's an opinion. My experience was great and I know I could of been a better patient but even when I was struggling Dr. Richardson remained the reliable responsible and awesome doctor that I hope he still is the day you see my review whenever that is..lol :) I also will add that I would continue to see him except I moved and had to end the relationship. Remember when talking about Psychiatry its about your mind your life and you need a doctor like Dr. Richardson but I understand it can be hard to find the right fit for you or your loved one and please don't ever settle because you feel ok (average) especially if you take prescription medication. Dr. Richardson made sure I didn't settle and was more than just someone who went through the "proper" motions, so to speak. I personally recommended him numerous times (my situation allowed for it, helping & working part time in the recovery area otherwise known as addiction & mental illness). I apologize for not editing this to at least sum it up but I'm on a phone using its web browser and this website isn't the most user friendly.. If you're in recovery or in need of a psychiatrist or whatever since he's very qualified, then seek out Dr. Tommie Richardson in Smyrna, GA (Atlanta). Hope the best for you, whoever you are, in general and your (re)search.. God Bless! PS, I selected 25 minutes as my average wait time but please know the wait is worth it in the aspect that he will spend time with you (if you want to). I had appointments with him that we discussed for 30-45 minutes often but once I started seeing him every two months (after years of successful- you get it) I likely only spent 15-20 minutes with him, sometimes 10 minutes but that was all based on me and what I said. If I need to discuss something with a doctor then I am very stubborn but reasonable, I'm saying if your needs aren't met then you should address the situation as to resolve it instead of settling or complaining... And Yes I did just write another unedited paragraph and I'm sorry lol :-} God Bless!

September 9th, 2011
Extremely difficult to see
This doctor is available only 2 times a week and at odd times. I wrapped up my appointment at 10 pm last night. You can see him on Saturday afternoons and Thursday nights, on those nights he sees every patient, and everyone waits together for 1, 2 or 3 hours, the waits are so long they show movies. In spite of this long wait, and is only available at these 2 times a week, the doctor has stopped calling in refills of medication that it is dangerous to run out of. He personally will take no phone calls. Otherwise he's a likable and knowledgeable doctor.

November 17th, 2010
Hi Dr. Richardson from Debra Sexton
Dr. Richardson:I was thinking of all the people that had played a major role in my recovery, and you did. Maybe not as soon as we both wanted, but better late than never. I had to hit a low bottom and have that spiritual awakening. No more diamonds, but a much more meaningful life. I had to change all people, places and things. I live in Dalton and work in Chattanooga. Still come to Marietta often to see Mom and sometimes even pass Ridgview. Hope you and your family have a blessed and happy holiday season. You have made a difference in a lot of peoples lives; I know mine.

June 17th, 2009
Thank you Dr. Tommie
Most incredible and caring professional I have ever encountered. This man took his oath to the health treatment to his fellow mankind very seriously. He is passionate about guiding his patients to the correct solution.He works hard, detailed oriented and treats his patients with respect and dignity.Thank you for your service to myself and others. You display the integrity and compassion that I hope others learn from in your profession.

May 31st, 2017