Dr. Tommy Chen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Tommy Chen?

July 28th, 2015

Excellent services!

June 18th, 2012

Skin cancer treatment

Dr. Tommy Chen is a professional doctor and skin surgeon who removed several basal cell carcinomas from my back, neck and arms. Dr. Chen is a very knowledgeable person who teaches dermatology at USC and has a lot of experience. I have had excellent experiences with Dr. Chen and his staff. For skin cancer on the face he referred me to an excellent plastic surgeon. Since I continue to develop basal cell carcinoma, Dr. Chen offered a treatment using creme rather than cutting out the skin. I have had excellent results using the creme and less scar tissue forming.Overall, I highly recommend Dr. Tommy Chen and his staff.

March 8th, 2012

Terrible Temper

Saw this Dr. hit the wall with his fist and yelled at me "I never want to see you again ever" as my HMO did not pay him what he thinks he is worth. Worked in medical profession for years never saw any Dr. act like this. He should retire while he still has a license.

September 24th, 2010

I CONCUR - DO NOT GO HERE

I haven't had an appointment with Dr Chen for about three years. After being referred, I set up an appointment which i missed. I called an hour after the appointment time to reschedule. I was grilled as to my location, what freeway I was on etc....I was confused by the line of questioning, but that's not the issue.Then the woman told me she already marked me as a no show which would cost me $20....I thought, oh well...I tried...What she then tried to do was the stunning part. She then told me I owed them $15 for an appointment in 2007! I have never heard from them in over three years. I paid my $15 copayment at the time of my appt - see other comments on how they only take cash etc...-so how could this be?I told her I never got a bill - how can I owe money? She proceeded to explain how they don't chase down money that small...but that I owed it to them because of some insurance reimbursement issue....I told her she's got to be kidding and that I wasn't going to pay a 3 year old, unsubstantiated, unbilled claim. She proceeded to challenge me and tell me how she was going to send me to collections...I came home - read the following comments and was shocked that I even considered using these folks as a health care provider.The comments are incredibly consistent so I felt that I should warn people too...things here have not changed. There are plenty of other dermatologists out there. I would recommend using someone else. I, for sure, will never provide another dime to this organization.

July 10th, 2008

Great doctor - very knowledgable

A kind man who knows his stuff. Sometimes the wait could be a bit long, but once you're inside his office he will spend the time to listen and ask you lots of questions about your problem. Highly recommended.

May 17th, 2016