A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Tommy Mikkelsen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Tommy Mikkelsen, FRCP, MBBS, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Brain Cancer
- Central Nervous System Cancer (CNS Neoplasm)
- Clinical Research
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Glial Cancer (Glioma)
- Seizure Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Mikkelsen graduated from University Of Calgary Faculty Of Medicine. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Mikkelsen has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mikkelsen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 24 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Tommy Mikkelsen practice?
Dr. Tommy Mikkelsen practices Neurology near Detroit, MI.
Additional practice locations include: West Bloomfield, MI and Troy, MI.
See Detroit Neurologists.