Dr. Toni Meyers MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 13th, 2013
Over rated
This doctor performed cataract surgery on my left eye 6 months ago. All the pre-surgery prep and orientation was left to office trained staff which were not forth coming with possible side effects. As a result of the surgery I have been plagued with dry eye syndrome and inability to focus. Now I will need a laser treatment to eliminate the scar tissue. I was not informed about these possible side effects. If I had, maybe I would have waited longer. The dry eye causes constant tearing and irritation resulting in bloodshot eyes. I also received an I-stent, a drain to help lower my eye pressure, which only worked for about 1 week and resulted in my pressure going dangerously high, to 40, until I took myself back in because of headaches. Another extra bill for $15,000 to Medicare for a useless procedure. The attention to detail is lacking here and I am upset about the cavalier attitude towards cataract surgery. This has resulted in more problems for me than I had originally. Also, they over schedule, so appts are never on time and I found it impossible to get past the scheduling people when I wanted to be seen for a problem. This a really bad experience for me. Find a doctor who will take time with you and inform you about possible side effects. I am no longer seeing this physician.

May 7th, 2016