Worse doctor in the city of Taft!!! show details Worse doctor in the city of Taft!!!
by Sandra L Gannon Meehan on Mar 11th, 2015

Moved to the city six wks ago. Had a pneumonia, chest pains and ut infection. Was referred to him by united health care " which I might add is private insurance funded not medical funded". Had appt. on Friday 3-7-15 half way there they canceled appt. and rescheduled for Monday 3-10-15. Wait was not long, staff seemed ok. Got me is a room then the doctor came in carrying two books and a magazine and orange high lighter, yellow high lighter , pink high lighter and black sharpie and finally the pen and not even wearing a medical coat ? I introduced myself and he gave no hand shake and I thought that was rude period. He spreaded his supplies all over the patients medical bed. As I sat in the chair. As he was handed the list of my medicines from the receptionist from my prior pharmacy. He began to insist that I needed pain management. There was no medication on the list that I had anything to do with pain medicine. As I insisted that I did not need pain management cause I am not on pain medication, he became agitated. And insisted that I go to pain management anyway???? Confused at that point by the lack of his integrity and medical ethics and his lack of concern for my condition. Only insulted and belittled my intelligence. By the time I got back to the receptionist desk I stated to the receptionist "That he was either very busy or having a bad day and that he is the second worse doctor I have ever meet in my life" The doctor then over heard the conversation I was having with the receptionist. he then stepped into the receptionist office and demanded her to refer me to another medical doctor. I stated that my time had just be wasted and that I wanted my co payment back. He then raised his voice to the receptionist and said give it back to her in a loud tone. Stating this for no legal repercussions. It is my opinion that the doctor sniffed the whole time of the visit . Again my opinion that he could be on medication himself "and my need to seek his own advice". On Tuesday 11th as of today I have heard from different sources that Dr. Carey pushes pain medication "Only here say". Again in my opinion he is quack of a doctor that should be reported to the medical board and a full investigation be done on him and possible loose his license. My recommendation would be no matter how many stars he has been rated seek another medical doctor.

I like the service! show details I like the service!
by Rick on Apr 29th, 2013

My wife and I have been going to Dr Carey's office for a couple of years and have not encountered any problems. Staff is great wait time is short and if you need to walk in they will fit you in quickly. Dr. Carey seems to be concerneded about our health and has treated us well.

Dr. Carey show details Dr. Carey
Jun 1st, 2011

My husband & I were among Dr. Carey's first patients when he first came to Taft and was practicing at the medical clinic on 4th St. Later, when he decided to open his own office on Center St, we followed him there. We have been his patients since 1992. We always had a deep respect for this doctor because he was very professional, very careing, and he never prescribed a medication that didn't help us cure our problem. He was diligent in having us take regular blood tests, and he always told us exactly what the blood tests revealed to him. He even spotted irregular results and sent us both to specialists when he believed we had cancer. After the hospital ran several tests, it was exactly what Dr. Carey told us those results would be. My husband and I both had cancer surgery, and now we are either free of the cancer or in remission. I feel we owe our lives to this remarkable Dr. Carey!!

do not use this Dr show details do not use this Dr
Mar 5th, 2010

/the staff is all new and very rude!!! they are not experienced and lack compassion. The Dr is very rude and incomasstionate he got patients on narcotics and now taking them off cold turkey. The makes very personal remarks that are umapropriate he should not be practicing medicine!!!!! His staff before was very helpful and made things averall better they were kind and comassionate

Jan 7th, 2010

Was very nice, and listened to me