Dr. Tony Goodbar MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 14th, 2016
Average
Though he seems knowledgeable, Dr. Goodbar doesn't value his patients opinion. He spends five minutes with you, and you are out the door. It took nine months to get a change in my treatment plan often repeatedly telling him it needed to be amended. Doesn't listen to what you actually have to say. Might as well have painted on ears.

December 1st, 2015
He speaks with the parents and then speaks to the child. My child was at ease and looks forward to going back to his office.

April 9th, 2015
Dr Goodbar has been seeing my son for the last 12 years. My son loves him and has always been comfortable with him. He listens to my son, his teachers input as well as my husband and I. My son has made immeasurable progress thanks to Dr Goodbar.

January 27th, 2015
Cold doctor who only prescribes medicine.
Outside of Doctor Goodbar the staff is fine. It's easy to get an appointment and they are understanding if I am unable to make an appointment. Doctor Goodbar himself is little more than a pill pusher. In my initial visit he seemed caring and like he genuinely wanted help. Unfortunately after this I began to see him for what he was. I suffer from severe panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, ADHD, Depression, and agoraphobia. Despite this our appointments only last around 3-5 minutes on average. A typical visit consists of him asking you how the prescribed medication is working and then he sends you out the door with another prescription. Telling you to come back in 3 months. He shows no interest in actually helping me despite me telling him that my conditions have worsened to the point where I am completely unable to function normally. All he cares about is squeezing in as many patients as possible for maximum profit. This may explain the short wait times. Do not waste your time with this man.

January 21st, 2015
Only prescribes meds
I agree with some other reviews that Dr. Goodbar is outwardly friendly but doesn't go deep with helping the condition. Maybe just all psychiatrists just push meds. It seems anyone could just Google their conditions and find the meds to use. Why pay a doctor $50 for 15 minutes of his time?

January 31st, 2014
Rude, Cold Doctor, Rude, Cold Staff
After several visits with Dr. Goodbar, I am certain he couldn't even pick me out of a line-up. He never had eye contact with me or even glanced in my direction. His staff is rude. Very rude. I was rushed in and out every time. No wonder there's a short wait time!!!

February 19th, 2013
I had a SCHEDULED appt. today, & i wasn't allowed to see the Dr. because my Daughter [ the Patient } wasnt with me. ? ? ? My 17yr. old REFUSES to continue her Therapy & her Meds. I needed to tell this to the Doctor,but the Receptionist said - " the Doctor will not see you without the Patient " - Soooo, what do i do? Shouldn't the Doctor know why his Patient refuses treatment ? Also, why wont the Doctor see ME- the MOTHER - you know- the one who has INSURANCE, [she don't], the one who WRITES OUT THE CHECK, [she has no money],and the one who DRIVES her to all these Appts.[she doesn't drive] - HA ! Where does he think HIS PAYCHECK is coming from ? not from my 17 yr. old daughter- THEY NEED TO RETHINK THIS POLICY - Bet if i owed money, they'd want to talk

February 20th, 2012
Good.
I've seen about four mental health professionals in my life; Goodbar was, I guess you could say, so-so. He's very friendly, doesn't come across as judgemental or rude or anything of the like. The only thing I would say could use improvement is his listening skills. When I went in for visits with him, it was always a quick, in-and-out thing, never very personal. As if he was too busy to really dive into things thoroughly, which left a lot of things in a haze over the years. Doesn't tell you very much at all about his diagnosis for you, it's something you have to ask him about before he really tells you anything about it. In short, he's friendly and easy to talk to, but it's the feeling of being rushed and impersonal that, I feel, blocks the best. Good, but not great.

July 6th, 2010
Dr Goodbar is the best.
I don't dread going to Dr Goodbars office. The staff is great and I never have to wait. I've been seeing him for about 3 years and there has never been a bad experience.

October 28th, 2009
More concerned with making sure they were paid than the child.

March 20th, 2009
Dr.Tony Goodbar
I took my son to this office, Money Hungry Dr.'sasked to give the interview to the school special ed teacher, they only received half of it, . I was totally shocked at what was left out and what was not true. Very unprofessional group, if you need a child psychologist, find someone else

November 30th, 2008
Seems eally concerned with my child's health. I think he is very understanding to the needs of his patients and their familes.