Dr. Tony Luongo MD Patient Reviews

2.8

• Good
  • Bad

October 14th, 2016
Great Doctor takes his time and actually talks to his patients.

December 21st, 2014
Get a Second Opinion at MGH Before Surgery
First of all, I really dislike giving negative reviews. However I feel that it was necessary to provide an honest review so that other patients maybe potentially benefit. I had 4 surgeries w/ Dr Luongo. These non invasive surgeries left me unable to lift more than 5-10lbs for 1.5 years. Pros - His is very courteous, and listens to his patients problems, and greets me in the pre op room before surgery. His staff is very friendly and helpful. Cons - 1. After 4 surgeries he was not able to fully treat my condition. in addition after the surgeries I could not lift more than 5-10bs for 1.5 years, and my overall body became severely deconditioned. He did not understand the source of my pain. He really made no attempt to get advice from other physicians to help understand the source of my pain or to try to rehabilitate me 2. Doesn't Stick to His Treatment Plans We agreed on a pain management program several times, but when It came time to get scrips filled he denied the scrip refill request, even though he said he would approve it a few days earlier. 3. Misinformation from Residents - I received a heavily restricted that dietary plan from the residents. This information was almost opposite to the dietary recommendations I received at MGH, which were more sensible, and actually had a scientific basis to them. 4. Aggressive Residents I found Dr Xu at times to be particular rude and aggressive. I expect a high level a professionalism w/ residents at a teaching hospital like Tufts 5. Compared to MGH I switch to MGH. The urologist immediately understood the source of my pain. He said the procedure could have been done in 1-2 surgeries, and one of the types of surgeries I received at Tufts should not have been performed on someone w/ my preexisting conditions. He immediately put together a team doctors to treat my condition - pain specialist, physical rehab specialist, and a physical therapist. The urologist actually had conversation w/ these other doctors as well. Together they were able to diagnose my pain, and created a PT rehab program to get me lifting 25-30lbs 3- 6 months. In addition, they are monitoring my condition w/ ultrasound and xrays instead of potentially harmful CT Scans every 6 months If I had stayed at Tufts, I would have had more surgeries, and would still only be lifting 5-10lbs.

December 13th, 2016