Dr. Tonya Russell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Tonya Russell?

4 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 4 Ratings with 1 Comment

November 30th, 2008

Toubled by treatment

This doctor seemed to know what she was doing. However, her treatment was not accurate. She recommended discontinuing my coumadine a week before the lung biopsy. She said she contacted my cardiologist in Watertown, NY and assured me he said it was okay to stop the coumadine. In 2 days, her treatment resulted in my legs swelling badly. On my return visit to her she assured me there were no blot clots. When I returned to Naples, FL. my legs were so badly swollen and painful walking was difficult. Uncomfortable red spots appeared with angry feeling and burning of my legs. I was treated by my doctor. He referred me to Naples Community Hospital emergency room where an ultrasound was performed and blood clots were revealed. I was hospitalized for 3 days. A filter was inserted were my leg veins meet, hopefully, to trap any pieces of the clots that MAY break off. My doctor says the clots MAY dissolve in 6 months.The result is I now wear thigh-high elastic stockings and keep my feet up as much as possible when I sit. My doctor says the clots MAY disolve in 6 months. Meantime my cough has increasinly become worse, but I do not bring up anything. The constant coughing is extremely tiring. I had some coughing before but not like this.I write this in the attempt to alert Dr. Russell about what her treatment caused me. Hopefully, no other patient will need to experience this painful and difficult result because the coumadine was stopped.

November 12th, 2014