Dr. Torre Near MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

November 23rd, 2016
Dr. Near doesn't even deserve the one star I gave her. She is the worst doctor I have ever visited. She refuses to follow the treatment advice of my specialist and I have been suffering needlessly for months. After a major setback because of her stubborn egotistical holier-than-thou approach, I will try to get another primary physician which is not easy in this state due to the shortage of doctors. I don't know if I will ever recover fully because of her neglect. She's lucky I am not the litigious type or I would sue her for all she's worth.

June 28th, 2016
You got it all wrong
Torre, yes, is no nonsense, she wont sugar coat, she tells you like it is, and if your too fragile to take it, go somewhere else. One of the best doctors ive been too, when i didnt have insurance i counted on her clinic alot, She is super smart, and wont take excuses. i think thats why people here give her a bad rap... I wish i could have her as my primary care, but it seems like she closed up shop and is back with a major provider.... which is unfortunate. the open healthcare system and those without insurance need her more than ever... Tough as nails, but seriously good doctor...

April 15th, 2016
I've never been treated so horribly by any doctor. She had no clue about the reality of my medical condition, yet proceeded to tell me something completely false. She spoke over me, talked down to me, treated me like a drug addict, and had a horrible bedside manner. I would very highly suggest that you find anyone but her.

March 30th, 2016
The worst
The worst experience I have ever had with a provider. She did not listen and continued to cut me off when I tried to speak. The "exam" was about 45 se ...

February 5th, 2016
After diagnosing me and prescribing medication I called her office twice. The 1st time to see if she could switch the medication she prescribed me because is was giving me some of the many side effects listed on the pharmacy's documentation.When she wouldn't change the medication, she would not give write me an excuse to miss work for 2 days for the severe side effects of dizziness I was experiencing. In fact - when i called her nurse twice- she nor her nurse never attempted calling me back to see how I was doing.In other words- she was done with me and didn't care.

September 13th, 2014
Grat Doctor wo has been taking care of me for years
Dr. Near is great. She and her staf have provided excellent care to me for years.Never have to wait and if you dont have insurance her prices are fair. Always follows up and is very thorough. Dr. Near is straightforward and honest.

August 2nd, 2013
never again
The most insensitive dr. I have ever met. Rude, crude and obnoxious. I don't know why this woman is in the medical field. Physician, please heal thyself with some psychological help.

August 2nd, 2013
Mean and Insensitive
If I could give her NO stars, I would. She is an angry woman who can't control her self-pity. She basically threw me out of her office, saying I was bugging her and she didn't get paid enough to help me. She mentioned her $100K office loan that she can't pay off with our stingy medical system. Unbelievable behavior for a doctor.

July 2nd, 2013
Worst doctor
Puts things into head that are unneeded and scares her patients. She also has a fear of being sued

October 9th, 2012
I would not recommend Dr. Near's practice. The staff is ill-mannered and incapable of completing their job, even in simple tasks such as looking up insurance companies. I found Dr. Near lacking in courtesy and compassion. In fact, I was refused treatment because Dr. Near didn't feel like risking not being paid from my insurance company even though the insurance company had authorized the transaction. I will not bring my business there again and will not recommend her practice to anyone I know.

March 5th, 2012
OT
Dr near is the best Doctor I have seen , she can save you mopney on meds, and give the best health advise possivle. Thank you

October 24th, 2011
I rarely take the time to express my opinions concerning service but in this case I felt I had to. Dr. Near was hands down the rudest, meanest and worst doctor I have ever had the displeasure of talking to. I was completely dumbfounded by her lack of professionalism and rudeness. I really cannot stress how poor the service was, how rude the doctor was and how dissatisfied I was with the whole experience. There are numerous income-based clinics that serve those without insurance and still treat you with respect. Do not give this Dr. a penny of your hard earned money!