A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Torsten Wiegand is Excellent. Dr. Wiegand has been reviewed by 15 patients who have provided 4 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Torsten Wiegand, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Retina Surgery and Retinal Disorders.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Wiegand graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Wiegand has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Mount Auburn Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wiegand accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 3 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Anthem - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Torsten Wiegand:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Torsten W. Wiegand practice?
Dr. Torsten Wiegand practices Ophthalmology near Waltham, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Boston, MA and North Andover, MA.
See Waltham Ophthalmologists.