Dr. Tory Mcjunkin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

May 26th, 2016
His clinic cares more about generating revenue than they care about the patients.

May 22nd, 2016
The BEST
I've been seeing Dr. McJunkin since he and his partner Dr. Lynch took over Arizona Pain Specialists. I have seen him for a variety of pain issues and I wouldn't see anyone else. He's kind, compassionate and he really listens to his patients. Most of all, he always knows the cutting edge treatments and does his best to get you to be the best you can be. I wouldn't want to go to anyone else. I highly recommend Dr. McJunkin. You won't be disappointed.

October 15th, 2015
The focus is no longer on the patient's right to quality of life, liberty and their pursuit of happiness, it is making the most money off the backs of the chronic pain patient. Everyone should read: "Prisoners of Pain" an AARP article
Horrible facility! without looking at all records provided, I was told I had SI joint dysfunction and needed " their procedure" right away and was on the schedule for surgery the next day, my pain was that bad! However their very first action was to cut all of my pain medications in half, and I was told eventually it would be down to nothing, and I was to sign a pain contract with them. I was given 2 weeks of medication (half dosage as well) and I was to have expensive urine tests, that tested for numerous medications prescribed and not prescribed to me so they can bill me for that every two weeks at $850 a test, as well as the office visit, every time I come in. Since they are under "specialist" it is twice as expensive as a primary care doctor (if not more)! Not only do I suffer with fibromyalgia (yes a real thing with real pain), but I also have arthritis in multiple areas and bone on bone from knee surgery, as well as venous reflux disease in my legs causing severe pain in my legs and hips. The doctor literally spent a couple minutes with me and diagnosed the SI joint dysfunction even though I did not have an MRI showing this nor was it diagnosed by any other doctor. It is amazing the contradictions their website has from how the doctors actually treat the patient. It even states on their website how most people with this kind of SI joint pain need opiates for their pain. But when you go in their goal is to make you feel bad for being on them and they prescribe expensive invasive procedures that does not work for most people. They prescribe a lidoderm patch, and if that doesn't work well, you must be depressed, (from all the pain) so they will prescribe antidepressants, if that doesn't work then seizure medications, this is all on their website as to how they treat their patients. These types of "pain specialist "that prey on the patient's condition, and strip them of their dignity, time, and money need to be reported to the medical boards. The undue suffering, repeated procedures that do not work and denying chronic pain the right to a normal life is not only shameful but should be considered malpractice!

April 8th, 2015
Margaret
When a was ABLE to see McJunkin I was very happy although he did multiple procedures on me tried many alternatives he was wonderful. Then 3 years later he was unavailable doing the "business " end . I was seeing Dr in his practice the new dr I found myself in worse pain and a Dr that does not care. Of you could see McJunkin I would say go. Not now the new Dr has yet to read McJunkin ' s notes but u safely treats us a a addicts not people hoping to live life with quality. Unable to refer leaving practice for my old dr just for safety.

January 24th, 2015
this dr. is not competent, an egomaniac, an extremely poor listener, and not a caring person
Run away from this money hungry egomaniac!

July 22nd, 2014
Too big
First off, let me say that I like Dr. McJunkin. He was very nice. The issue is, that I only know him from the 5 minutes I saw him during my multiple visits there. I would go in for my appointment. They require that you show up early for your appointment. Then, after waiting for about 30-45 minutes I was taken into a room. Where I proceded to answer questions for about 5 minutes to a girl who was very nice. Then, another assistant came in and I answered the same exact questions again. Then, a nurse came in, same questions. Then the doctor came in and I answered the same questions again. All the employees seemed very nice, but I thought it was unneccesary for me to go over the same information multiple times. Maybe they are understaffed and just need more help? Maybe they are overbooking too many appointments?

July 16th, 2014
VERY DISAPPOINTED - FAILED TO GIVE PROPER INFORMED CONSENT
I received an epidural steroid injection (ESI) from Dr McJunkin. After the procedure I have now learned that the drug that Dr McJunkin used for the ESI (KENALOG-40) is NOT APPROVED BY THE FDA FOR EPIDURAL ADMINISTRATION. Dr McJunkin never informed me that he was injecting a drug into me on an off-label basis. Had I been properly and legally informed that the drug injected into me was NOT APPROVED by the FDA for epidural administration, I would have refused the injection. The package insert for KENALOG-40 from the Bristol-Myers Squibb website clearly states at the very top "NOT FOR EPIDURAL USE". Why is a drug being injected into people epiduraly when the package insert clearly states "NOT FOR EPIDURAL USE"? At minimum, informed consent should be obtained from each patient. This is something that I never received. I have also learned that ESIs are extremely dangerous. Several people have even died from ESIs. Arachnoiditis is also another very serious complication that may result from ESIs. I was never informed of any of these potentially very serious complications from ESIs. I would not recommend Dr McJunkin for any kind of invasive procedure due to his failure to give proper and legally required informed consent. For narcotic pain relievers he is probably OK.

July 26th, 2012
Great knowledge
I went to Dr. McJunkin with several areas of concern and a very painful lower back. He did a wonderful job listening to my symptoms and even asked me follow up questions. After my first meeting with Dr. McJunkin I was so impressed that he spent so much time with me. I could tell he really cares and loves his profession. Not only did he correctly diagnose my pain, we talked about options and what was best for ME. Before meeting with Dr. McJunkin I thought I just had to live with the pain, now I am pain free.

July 22nd, 2011
If you are in pain and have been for awhile this is the place for you!
I have chronic pain in just about every place in my body. I have been to every kind of dr. you can think of to help me with the pain I was going through. One day on the computer I saw an add for the AZ Pain Specialists blinking on the side and I decided to call them. They got me in to see Dr. McJunkin in less than a week. He was so compassionate and gave me so much hope and was ready to do what needed to be done to give me relief from my long lived pain. Today (one year later) I still have minimal pain but I am 80% better and continuing my treatment with Dr. McJunkin. The staff there couldn't be nicer if they tried. I love Glen!

May 31st, 2011
Deborah Fritts
Prior to my appt with Dr.McJunkin, I didn't understand exactly what pain mgmt consisted of. Now that I understand I want to say to all those who are seeking, Dr. McJunkin is extremely compassionate with miracle hands God has given him. I have had extremely negative follow-up appts with the nurse and physician assistants since I've been a patient of 18 months or so. I even left there because of them and then returning, finding I'll never receive the care and compassion as I do from Dr.McJunkin. He has restored my faith in Dr.s He has given me the ability to return to an active life-style with very little or no pain at all. P.S. Thank You Doc

December 9th, 2010
Dr. McJunkin is tops.
What a wonderful clinic. This is the best organized professional clinic I have ever been to. Dr McJunkin has a great bedside manner, and listens carefully to your needs. He doesn"t waste time, he is a man of action. Front desk staff, the doctors and nurses are outstanding.

November 15th, 2010
Positive Approach,,Very Reassuring
Initial contact was with Robin, Dr. McJunkin's PA. Very competent, kind as she confirmed information I had provided; explained each and every movement she asked me to make, i.e. pushing/withdrawing legs against pressure, etc. Dr. McJunkin reviewed information also, asked me to show my "gait" problem, etc. Felt very assured that the procedures he proposed, i.e. injections in conjunction w/physical therapy, should bring relief. Office staff very competent in scheduling, also.