Dr. Tosca Kekish Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Tosca Kekish?

5 Ratings with 1 Comment

April 21st, 2013

Short-tempered and arrogant doctor

Dr. Kekish was my 94 year old mother-in-law's doctor. I accompanied her to Dr. Kekish and was shocked at the doctor's attitude toward my mother in law, her patient. She walked in and did not even acknowledge my presence or introduce herself to me. I could live with that, but she was rude and dismissive toward my mother in law. Dr. Kekish summed up the findings of her assistant (which we had already been told that her eyes weren't any worse] and was disrespectful in her attitude toward my mother in law's questions. She NEVER even sat down - was with us less than 4 minutes and turned to leave. At that point I stopped her and said "Please tell me you are not about to leave here without even sitting down and talking to her." She glanced at me dismissively, and said "yes I am." Your mother and I have been through this many times and her eyes have not changed." I replied, "Well aren't you something?" I have never been exposed to such arrogance in a doctor's office in my life. And that's what I told her. At that point, she did spend a few minutes answering our questions, but also told my mother in law she could see another doctor if she was unhappy with her care. Not the point. Bedside manner was the point. As she left, Dr. Kekish told me I should know that the eye condition is hereditary so I may have it some day. Nice parting comment. If she had introduced herself, she would have known it would not be my problem. In my opinion, Dr. Kekish is unprofessional and small- minded, too taken with her own self- importance to treat patients with compassion.

November 29th, 2015