Anesthesiologist (pain control)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Natalie on Dec 14th, 2014

I LOVE Dr TSmith and every staff member I have had 13 surgeries for major joint and spine condition I am in pain always and I get a lot of injections infusions or whatever If I need medicine he takes care of it and if I want to talk to him personally @ any appointment he takes time. The medicine he doesn't prescribe is NOT his fault you can thank the idiot in the white house for that. He is worth the wait.

|  he takes care of me  |  show details
by merle kidd on Nov 19th, 2014

I was referred to Doctor Smith by an Orthaedic back doctor 2 years ago.I was having extreme lower back pain. When I met with Dr Smith, I found him so easy to talk to. So I told him I was also having neck problems that cause numbness in my shoulder arm and fingers. He ordered an MRI on that area and found the problem. He took care of that with one injection. I am getting another injection there in 2 weeks. 2 years of pain free. He then analyzed my back problem and Has kept me mostly pain free since I have been under his care.] He is not a mind or palm reader. You have to help him by telling him the best you can what and where the pain. He gets 4 stars from me. His office staff reflect the same gentle kind service that I get from him. Yes he uses injections. epedura I thinkit is called. With out his professional care, I think I would have already been under the scaple. Im 80 years old and have had a lot of doctors in my time. Hands down, He is the most passionate, caring, kind and professional doctor I have ever met. I do understand my care is a 2 way street and I make it a point to help him help me. He has the most efficient staff I have ever dealt with.

|  Lumbar Epidural Injections  |  show details
by Shirley A. Cole-Byrd on Jun 6th, 2013

Dr. Smith explained, showed & gave me info concernign my problem so I could understand what was going on. He's very gentle & have great bedside manners. He talked with me, called me by my name during my procedures, which made it easier & me less nervous. His has a courteous & caring staff. I am very satisfied with Dr. Smith & my overall experience at his office. I'm almost 100%.

|  Best in Dayton!!!!  |  show details
by Debbie D on May 29th, 2013

If you are looking for your drug dealer this is not your man. HOWEVER, if you are looking for a permanent solution to pain, Dr. Smith is a very caring and professional doctor that looks for long term solutions. Yes, there may be injections....but they are in a clean, sterile environment which I can attest that has not always the case with some physician offices I had been referred to in the past. I have had nothing but positive experiences with his staff and appreciate their efficiency. Thank you Doctor Smith and to your staff for giving my life back again.

|  Very nice  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2013

Dr. Smith is very knowledgeable and comes highly recommended. He is super nice and does a great job explaining the issues.

by VERY UNHAPPY PATIENT!!! on Feb 25th, 2013

Worse pain Dr out there!!!!!!!! Even family Dr said all he is known for is injections. (quick $$$) Last time I was there for an injection they medicated me and forgot about me for about 1-2hrs when a staff member just happened to open the door and see me and and was surprised someone was in the room. I felt wobbly so didn't feel comforable getting up and finding out where everyone was as I was afraid I would fall. Of course after all of this the valuim had completly worn off. Talk about liability!! I was totally disgusted!! Also he injected me while I was setting up one time and dropped several betadine swabs down my back and on the seat of the chair. Didn't even have the decency to tell me or to pick them up. Totaly trashed my shorts with betadine stains!!! I am a nurse and discourage as many people as I can from going there. If I did my job like him I would be fired!

Oct 1st, 2012

I really like Dr Smith. I just wish he would have met with me this last time to talk about what was going on before just setting me up with shots.

Aug 20th, 2012

the wait times are usually up to 3 hours

|  Ms. Tee  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2011

Dr. Smith is amazing, very knowledgable person, easy to talk to and he really listens to his patients. I will refer him to everyone I know. I have been off work for 2 1/2 months seeing 3 doctors who did not understand my problem. I had one visit with Dr. Smith and he discovered the problem within one week. I am very grateful.

May 12th, 2011

overall experience good. wait time for time for doctor too long.

|  Awesome Doc!  |  show details
by Angela Acord on Mar 25th, 2011

I absolutely love Dr. Townsend Smith. He has been the only doctor that has been able to provide me with a therapy plan that works for me. I am a post-op crainiotomy patient and I have suffered with chronic pain for several years but thanks to Dr. Smith my pain is managable. The staff is lovely and very knowledgable. Kudos to you!!!