Obstetrician & Gynecologist

North Central Women's Health
6609 Virginia Pkwy
McKinney, TX 75071
(972) 542-8884
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
May 29th, 2012

You do not get blood test results back for 10 days in this office and so that is a major down side, especially when you are waiting on results to decide a treatment.

Nov 30th, 2011

Excellent, caring physician

|  Best OBGYN Care Ever!  |  show details
by K Smith on Jun 4th, 2010

I have been using Dr. Banks as my OBGYN for three years, and I find her to be very caring, professional, and informative. The office staff is nice and professional as well. I have never had to reschedule an appointment due to an emergency delivery, but I would be understanding if this happened because I would want the same care for myself if I ever had an emergency that needed Dr. Banks attention. Dr. Banks is the kind of doctor that goes the extra mile to give her patients the best care!

|  Doesn't get any better than this  |  show details
by McKinney Babe on Apr 1st, 2010

I have 3 kids and a husband who has been in the hospital quite a few times, so have my share of experiences with doctors and doctor's offices. Dr. Banks' office, while not perfect, is a wonderful office with a very pleasant staff who clearly is trying to serve their patients with the best service possible. With my last appointment, as an example, it was unfortunately cancelled. I received a phone call from Dr. Banks' office about 5 minutes before I got to the office, so was a bit frustrated that I was going to have to reschedule. But when I found out that Dr. Banks had to go perform an emergency C-section on a baby who was not responding, it put my inconveniences in perspective. I then actually appreciated how quickly the staff contacted me (within 20 minutes of Dr. Banks having to rush over to the hospital), knowing all of the "life and death" matters they had to deal with first before reaching out to me. All and all, I don't know of a practice who attempts to get better at everything they do, all the time. No, they are not perfect, but they are trying to be in every aspect of their practice. I would encourage the frustrated patients above (& any readers of this review) to ask for a comment card and provide your feedback to the staff. I did this, and received a very sincere call from Dr. Banks to listen and understand my perceptions and concerns. She explained to me how they were trying to address my issues, but also explained how difficult it was to totally fix this particular issue because of the nature of being in an OB/Gyn practice (do you remember when your water broke? were you able to "schedule" that event? that's what their office has to deal with about 70 times each month, not to mention non-OB related emergencies). I have been seen by 3 of the 4 doctors at this practice, and while each one of them has a very different personality and beside manner, I think they all are great, and would be very comfortable in any of their hands. Also, this ain't your momma's doctor's office either. Talk about state-of-the-art, and gorgeous. You can tell the doctors must like shopping at Nordstrom's, because they try to imitate the service and experience you get while shopping there - personal service, spa-like environment, and attention to detail. You will not find a more comfortable and inviting and pretty office as Dr. Banks. When you combine all of this with top-notch training and medical knowledge, I would recommend Dr. Banks to anyone looking for an OB/Gyn, and I do!

by cindy b on Feb 12th, 2009 on yahoo.com

I have to say that I am VERY dissappointed that such talented doctors have such an incompetent staff, and trying to get an appointment is a nightmare! I called four times and was put on hold for 30 minutes each time...waiting for someone to talk to about an appointment. When I finally got through to someone, I was surprised to get an appointment in a timely manner, but....when I went in for my appointment, the receptionist ignored my presence and with smiles and sparkling eyes, turned to a sales rep instead (what ever happened to serving paying customers first!). When I turned in my paperwork, the receptionist didn't bother to even look at it, instead, she began asking questions for which I had already provided answers. Then, I was put in a "holding tank" for another 30 minutes because no one could find my records (I've been going to this clinic for 3 years!). What a disasterous system of operation!! If you don't mind the imcompetency of the staff, I will say that the care I've received is very good, but who needs all the hassle when there is a multitude of other very good doctors who have good staffs.

by rugglbug on Dec 3rd, 2008 on yahoo.com

Wow, I am shocked by the experiences the rest of the women on this post have had. I personally have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Banks, nurses and staff. Every time I have called a nurse for a concern, I get a call back within an hour or two and the staff is always quick to get the information needed. I did go to an appointment one time and was asked to reschedule becuase Dr. Banks had an emergency delivery with complications that she had to rush to the hospital for (I saw her running out to her car in the parking lot before I came in). I asked to be seen by another Dr. instead of rescheduling and they agreed. I have seen 2 other Drs. in the practice besides Dr. Banks when I had an emergency and they were the ones on call and they both were great. The office does seem to have a delay in getting results posted on the website but I always ask when to expect the results so I know when to check. I did have an emergency that required me to be admitted into the hospital, it was on a holiday and Dr. Banks came very quickly. She didn't have to come the hospital could have handled everything but that's the kind of Dr. that Dr. Banks is, she cares about her patients. Additionally, she has always respected my wishes with testing. She explains the pros/cons and then lets me decide. She is the best Dr. I have ever been too and I would recommend her and the practice to ohters.

Apr 29th, 2008 on yahoo.com

This is my first experience with this doctor's office. The staff is friendly, but I am not sure how reliable this office is. I wanted a good doctor, the doctor I wanted at this location, they wouldn't let me see her, they stated you are assigned the docto