Dr. Traceyan Mendez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

December 28th, 2015
Dr. Mendez is a welcome addition to the area
I was looking for a new physician and Dr. Mendez came highly recommended. I made an appointment for both myself and my 10 year old child. We both loved her. She was thorough and attentive. She ordered some tests on my child and actually called me at home twice with results and recommendations. We both felt very comfortable with her and will continue to see her. The staff was also very nice and helpful.

January 7th, 2015
This doctor is treating chronic pain sufferers poorly. My first visit with her she insisted on cutting my pain medication. I have suffered with chronic pain for 30 plus years and was treated by the same doctor, the one she replaced. She insists that I must go to a pain clinic and the nearest one is approximately a four hour drive to and back. This 4 hours will not include the office wait or time spent on treating me. The pain I have come from different health problems. Physical therapy will not benefit me. Past attempts at physical therapy failed, actually making me worse. I have arthritis from the bottom of my spine to the the base of my skull along with 2 ruptured disks that cannot be operated on due to the heart disease I have, the risk is too great. Medicare will not pay for the open heart surgery again, triple bypass was done in 2001, stents were added over the years. I was given a new medication to help with the angina pain and sent home. I have fibromyalgia, arthritis in my hands knees feet fingers and spine as I previously mentioned. I have diabetic neuropathy. I am in constant pain 24/7 with the pain medication I was receiving I was able to have some type of life. The pain fluctuates from a 3 to 10 on the pain scale. with the reduction and future monthly reduction of my pain medications I will die. The pain causes my blood pressure to skyrocket to dangerous levels. I was taken by ambulance once because of pain causing high blood pressure, I almost died that day and spent time in the hospital recovering. I could provide more information and I'm sure I could do a better job with my response but the stress and pain are preventing me. This doctor is treating her pain patients as if one treatment fits all, this is absurd.