inactive

Traci A Purath MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 13th, 2016
Educator
Companionate, listened to my issue. Remembered me on follow- up visits. Monitored my progress until I received relief for my headaches. Continued with follow-ups.

August 7th, 2016
Absolutely love her.

February 23rd, 2016
Please beware of this doctor. I agree with the other reviews in regards to Dr. Purath 'dismissing' you if she cannot help you within her time frame or if you disagree with her. And in my case if she has incorrectly treated you. Her sugar coated hugs and insincere smiles are a coverup. You would be wise to seek out another specialist and avoid her shameful tactics.

January 20th, 2016
SHE IS AMAZING!!!!! We like to think of her as "Dr. Mom." Truly one of the most caring, understanding, and professional neurologists we have ever encountered. She comes HIGHLY recommended in my book!!!

January 15th, 2016
Very informative and really listened to me. Nice sweet Dr.

September 29th, 2015
Wonderful Dr. Traci
Dr. Purath has been my neurologist for the past 7 years. She is a truly wonderful doctor who is not only extremely intelligent, but kind ... an all too rare combination in medicine these days. I have a very rare and extremely debilitating type of migraine. After a year of struggling with typical migraine symptoms combined with other neurological symptoms which no doctor could seem to effectively treat or diagnose, I found Dr. Purath, and she diagnosed me on the first visit and prescribed meds that helped!! I highly recommend Dr. Purath!! In fact, I have recommended her to many friends and family members, and I will continue to do so.

June 26th, 2015
Dr. Purath has helped me so much! Not just with her medical knowledge, but she genuinely cares about ME!! I have and will continue to referred friends and family to her practice.

June 16th, 2015
I would caution anyone reading a review of any physician that there are two sides to every story and that the true cowards are those who will not sign their name to reviews they write.

March 21st, 2015
Does anyone notice a common theme in Dr Purath's recent reviews? Hmmm.....

February 16th, 2015
Should have busted her when she had me overdosed on a medication, which became toxic in my system. I was so sick, my body was shutting down. Saw here to see if prescriptions were at fault; she checked one but not the other. Of course it was "the other" causing the problems. My family had to google and do research to figure out all my symptoms were coming from that drug. Once called, she was rather frantic, wanting me off of it immediately! Can't believe someone that "accomplished" totally missed the boat. Worse, she walked on eggshells with me afterwards, and I truly believe was just worried about her practicing license. A year later, she found her "out" with me and severed the relationship. What a caring "blessed" doctor as she describes herself on her website. It was reputation vs. good patient care in the end. Disgusted! Fell for all the "honey's," "hugs" and smiles.

February 13th, 2015
more interested in covering her butt than in the patient. had me fooled for awhile but when it came down to our first disagreement, she was outta there. beware her smiling , hugging approach. it's only there when it serves her purpose.

January 5th, 2015
Expensive Visits and Lots of Them
It appears that Dr. Purath is more concerned about making money than she is for the health of her patients. I started seeing her for chronic migraine last year. It was an hour drive and a cash payment since my insurance deductible hadn't been met. The meds she prescribed weren't working, at least not at the low dosage. When I spoke to her nurse about increasing the dosage, Dr. Purath requested that I schedule yet another office visit. Office visits lasted only about 5 minutes! I explained to her nurse that it was difficult making the long trip so frequently and that I was paying out of pocket since my insurance deductible hadn't been reached. I questioned why I needed to return so soon since we were only discussing increasing the dosage and not changing the prescription. I wondered aloud if Dr. Purath was more interested in collecting fees than in helping me. She assured me that this wasn't the case so I scheduled another appointment. A few hours later, the nurse called me back. She had spoken to Dr. Purath and told her everything; she informed me that she’s not allowed to filter information. Dr. Purath decided to end her relationship with me; she fired me! I was astonished. I asked to speak with Dr. Purath about this, but I was told she wouldn't speak to me. I'm a reasonable person, so I found this to be a cowardly response. Her reaction only confirmed my suspicion that she cares more about making money than providing care for her patients and understanding their situations. In the meantime, I've found another neurologist closer to home and am making lemonade out of the lemons handed me.