Dr. Tracy Cannon-Smith MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 13th, 2017
In a nutshell
Dr. Cannon-Smith gave me a ton of valuable information on various solutions to my problem. She was courteous, succinct, and kind. Her matter of fact demeanor made a sensitive subject very easy to discuss.

October 25th, 2016
Disgruntled Patient
Dr. Cannon-Smith is a great surgeon. However, her office needs help. They are over-booked and it's hard to be seen with a problem. I had to wait overnight for an appointment for a bladder infection, ending up once in the emergency room to get treated. What urologist asks you to wait over 24 hours for treatment when you are in extreme discomfort?! Not good.

July 23rd, 2015
I had to wait over a month for an appointment Then when I needed surgery the wait was even longer. I have been trying to get this condition fixed for 6 months seeing 4 different doctors in the practice. Each having a month or longer wait time for an appointment. VERY frustrating.

July 22nd, 2015
Patient of 2 Yrs
I have been seeing Dr. Cannon-Smith for about 2 years now. I had surgery by her 4 months ago. While she did an excellent job with my surgery, just know that she has the personality/bedside manner of a door knob. If the main reason she was recommended to you is for surgery, definitely go and see her, just don't expect to make a new best friend or anything close to it. If you are thinking of seeing her for non-surgical Urology care, I would reconsider. I had seen her PA several times in the past 6 months and found her to be much more compassionate and willing to spend time addressing my concerns, which is mostly why I stayed with her. I was disappointed when I called to make another appointment and was told that her former PA who I never cared much for had returned and the one I had seen during the past year was gone. I have a friend who saw the male doctor in the practice and was pleased with the care he provided. I'm considering switching to him, if he has a different PA or doesn't use one at all.

February 19th, 2015
Top Notch Physician
Excellent physician.

December 24th, 2014
Lisa's Husband
The whole office has a I dont know attitude. My wife has been seeing them for over a year with the same issues. Every time they say "I think its this and I think its that" or "Lets try this". My wife stays in pain and they are becoming more useless. Along with this review, I will write a letter to the Board of Medicine. If you do not know what is wrong, send them to someone else, do not play trial and error on them. Oh By The Way - They forgot to call prescriptions in multiple times and we were unaware of it, until they asked "How soandso worked for her" and then we would say it was never called in to the pharmacy. Then they said "Oh I see where it was prescribed, but we just forgot to call it in. I have a ingenious idea.... Have less patience, so you can attend to their needs and make sure they are getting the proper care, instead of having your patience leave their job unpaid for a 10:00 appointment and make them wait for 1.5 hours, because you over booked....

May 11th, 2011
I had and continue to have a great experience with Dr. Cannon-Smith. She listened to my problems and gave me a number of options and was even early for the surgery (which I found to be very different for a doctor to be early.) She is very friendly and observant. I am glad I went to see her.

January 6th, 2009
recent patient with surgery
She is very personable, can relate to patients well and very competent.

July 2nd, 2008
Genuine caring for patient
Dr. Cannon-Smith is a very knowledgeable doctor, responds to the patient's every concern, she will call personally after hours if you have a question, and she gives meaningful explanations. Bedside manner is the very best of any physician I have ever gone to.

July 13th, 2017