Obstetricians & Gynecologists
Carter Bakos & Wright
1311 N Washington Ave
Dallas, TX 75204
214-824-2563
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Jul 23rd, 2013

I was a patient of Dr.Hays for ten years and I am sad to say that I have been forced to switch Doctors. I have waited over an hour the last three times I visited while I was sitting undressed in the exam room, this is so unacceptable. I understand that doctors have emergencies but then perhaps I should have been told that she was running that far behind and I should have been left in the waiting room. Dr. Hays was a great doctor but her medical assistant is so rude, incompetent and difficult that I have decided it is a detriment to the care that Dr. Hays can provide. The medical assistant made a number if errors on my chart. The old assistant was wonderful, I hope that Dr.Hays will make some changes so that she does not lose any more patients because of her MA.

|  I love Dr. Hays  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2013

I really love Dr. Hays. She delivered both my son and daughter. I appreciate her being personable and sincere. Her bedside manner is impeccable. I trust Dr. Hays and her judgement.

Oct 23rd, 2012

She is a very caring, patient and wonderful doctor. The only concern was wait time, but it was worth it.

|  Exceptional pre & post natal care  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2012

Dr Hays was wonderful to work with during my pregnancy! My first pregnancy at 38 was a wonderful experience thanks to Dr Hays and her staff. Every time I had a question or concern, she called me back within 3 min of paging her. I recommend Dr Hays for all Ob/Gyn needs!

Jan 3rd, 2012

In the last week, both of my appointments with Dr. Hays had to be cancelled. My first appointment was my first one ever with her and she had to leave to deliver a baby. I opted to wait to see if you could see me when she returned. Apparently two other women were in labor and she stayed to deliver their babies. I can understand that so I rescheduled. At my rescheduled appointment, the same thing happened; she left to deliver a baby and would not be back for at least an hour and a half. So I have no other choice but to go through the pain of finding another doctor. I feel very put out by this and cannot believe she and her office cannot find a better method. I am a nurse and I understand situations happen but this is just wrong. I need a doctor that respects my time too. How does she see patients if she's delivering babies all day long? Her office is in a sketchy part of town and in an old, run down looking building. The office interior is not aesthetically pleasing either.

Dec 2nd, 2011

My husband and I are professionals and both have hectic work schedules, as most people do. We scheduled our appointment two months in advance and arrived to find we were the last appointment at 4 pm. I arrived at 3:45, my husband at 3:50. We sat and waited with one other patient. At 4:30 we finally asked the front office how much longer it would be, which they replied, "a couple of minutes". Fifteen minutes later, they put us in a tiny examination room (we were only there for a consult, not exam) and said Dr. Hays would be right in, and shut the door. After waiting another TWENTY FIVE MINUTES, without anyone checking in on us, we decided to leave. When we walked back up to the front we found the nurses and front office staff were concerning themselves with Christmas decorations. I told them we were leaving and the wait time was ridiculous--they just said, "Sorry." After walking out to an empty parking lot, I am starting to wonder if Dr. Hays was even at the office or if she had a delivery and they didn't bother to tell us. Very disappointed--I have been a patient for over 12 years and will not be back.

|  Wouldn't have another  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2011

Dr. Hays has been my doctor for about ten years. She has delivered both of my children, one of which was an emergency situation. She has handled all my care with professionalism and humor. The staff is busy, but I wouldn't say rude. This is an unpredictable field and everyone has to be ready to adjust at a moments notice. Whenever a baby or two decided to be born during one of my visits, which has happened a time or two over the years, I was always given a variety of options. I hope we are able to continue on together for many years to come.

|  Wouldn't go to anyone else  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2011

Dr. Hays has been my OBGYN for ten years. After one very complicated pregnancy and one on the way, I wouldn't go to anyone else. I travel over an hour to see her because I don't feel like I would be better taken care of anywhere else.

Jun 16th, 2011

Staff is extremely rude. When I complaint to Dr. Hays about her staff being rude she was kind and said to make sure I told her whenever I had a problem. When I tried to make the next appointment her staff told me Dr. Hays no longer wanted to be my doctor. When I asked why she said we have sent you a letter explaining why? When I informed this staff person I had not received a letter she said "well that's too bad." It appears I was dropped as a patient after I made a complaint about the staff. If this is the way I was treated after having been her patient for over 10 years then that says a lot about Dr. Hays and her staff.

Mar 30th, 2011

She has really rude staff and getting them to fax anything is almost impossible. I had an appointment cancel the day of and when I asked to have my appointment re-scheduled I was told there was a month's wait, eventhough it was their fault they were cancelling the appointment. RUDE, RUDE, Rude staff.

|  Kind, thorough, and informative!  |  show details
by Jenna on Sep 17th, 2010

After moving to Dallas, I waited two years to find a good doctor to perform my annual exam because I didn't even know where to start. One of my good friends recommended Dr. Hays because she goes to her. I just finished my first appointment with Dr. Hays, and she is GREAT! She took the time to talk with me first, took her time during the exam, and even stayed after my exam to answer and discuss all of my questions about birth control (I've taken it before, but had other questions about it) and diabetes (since it's in my family). She didn't make me feel rushed at all and was very knowledgeable about everything. I didn't have to wait too long for my appointment and the office staff was courteous as well. I will definitely keep going back to Dr. Hays and recommend her to anyone in need of a good gyno doctor!

|  Very happy  |  show details
by Cassondra R on Sep 15th, 2010

I really like Dr. Hays. She sometimes has a long wait, but each time it was because she had other patient emergencies. She is very caring and explains everything she is doing and why. She makes you feel very comfortable Ina not so comfortable situation.

by Rachael D. on Jun 11th, 2010

They don't make doctors like this anymore! She delivered both of my kids and is very caring. She also was so calm when I had an emergency C section with my first daughter. She seems like part of my family.

Dec 30th, 2009

Dr. Hays has been my physician for 10 years and through 2 childbirths. She is an incredibly thorough and smart physician and a wonderfully kind person.

Jul 3rd, 2009

Dr. Hays is very kind. . . But she is a HORRIBLE SURGEON!! DO NOT SEE HER!! She wacked up my stomach with a VERTICAL C-Section, and after seeing several other physicians post-op, I found out that this was TOTALLY UN-NECESSARY! She also botched our son's circumcision. Not only did we have to pay thousands to have the circumcision revised, we had to have penis reconstruction surgery. She is, in my opinion, the worst surgeon in the world, and I will forever live with the scars that she gave my son and I. She was wearing high-heals in the operating room and happened to tell me she was giving me a vertical incision because our son was "tall" (70th percentile). WHO DOES THAT?!