Dr. Tracy Hicks MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

October 10th, 2016
Very Negative Experience
Doctor was pushy, didn't ask questions, and then tried to do a biopsy with multiple doctors in the room without my permission. She then yelled at me for not relaxing and then billed me for an attempted biopsy.

July 30th, 2015
Dr. Tracy Hicks is AWESOME!
Dr. Hicks has been my OB/GYN for the past 16 years. If I have remained with Dr. Hicks for 16 years, that alone says much. She delivered my daughter, she was with me daily while I was in the hospital on bed rest for 30 days. Always greeted me with a smile and very knowledgeable. Just recently, I had major surgery and Dr, Hicks was very understanding of all my "demands" prior to scheduling the surgery. She even offered to perform the surgery on her non-surgery days! I love her!! She performed my surgery, she was the absolute BEST. And she's personable and make it a point to get to know you and know you well!! I'm a huge fan of Dr. Hicks!

April 28th, 2014
Exceptional Doctor
Experience and expertise are the reasons I choose a Dr. At 28 weeks with twins she admitted me for pre-labor. She is the reason I had twins that were 8.6 & 6.5 lbs at 37 weeks. She is through and gets the right people moving when they are needed. I didn't need coddling, I needed a doctor that could help me deliver healthy twin boys. I lost 8 lbs in one week at the hospital and within 30 min of her finding this out I had directors in my room making adjustments. My insurance company kept wanting her to send me home and she fought for my care. I would highly recommend her and will continue to recommend her over and over again.

January 28th, 2014
Awful experience with Dr. Hicks and won't go back. Extremely rude and doesn't seem to care about the patient at all.

July 8th, 2013
Wonderful experience with this doctor! Mom of Multiples as well.
I tell all my friends to use Tracy Hicks. I am a mom who is blessed with having multiple pregnancies and Dr. Hicks was wonderful! My first pregnancy was twins and I lost one early in the pregnancy. She was very professional and a wealth of knowledge. She did not hold my hand or tell me everything would be fine with my other baby. As my pregnancy progressed, she was wonderful and very thorough. I went back to her with my second pregnancy, and yes, multiple start again. This time it was a surprise to everyone, triplets. Again, we lost one baby early on and Dr. Hicks was very proactive. She was firm about seeing me often, and I had to be admitted to the hospital for about 4 weeks near the end of the pregnancy. The boys were actually delivered vaginally, but we were ready for a C-section if the need arose. Dr. Hicks stayed with me for the whole delivery. Since I was induced, the twins ended up being 26 minutes apart. I am now friends with her other patient that was kept waiting while she stayed watching me and my babies. Highly recommend this doctor. Very knowledgeable!

April 26th, 2012
teHorr
I am not new to visiting an OB/GYN...I am the mom of multiples...so, I have seen and had my share of hospitals, specialists,etc...Dr. Hicks is the worst physcian I have ever encountered. Rude, aburpt and just downright wrong. I went for a routine exam and feel exactly the way others have expressed in their reviews. It's not handholding it's your job to have compassion! Now I know why I was able to get an appointment so quickly!

November 4th, 2011
DO NOT GO SEE THIS DOCTOR! I see another Dr at the practice but Dr Hicks was the Dr on call when I had an emergency question. She was extremely rude on the phone ( I mean how dare I call her on a night she is on-call). She started the call with "this is Dr. Hicks, what do you want?" She barely listened to what I had to say and when I went to ask a question, she said "okay bye" and hung up. The call lasted all of 25 seconds and I'm still left with concern. Oh, and did I mention I just had a miscarriage? It's been a rough day so a little bit of compassion which have been much appreciated. I think it is loud and clear in all of these reviews that she doesn't deserve the job she is in and Richmond OBGYN should really consider what a bad name she is giving them.

June 20th, 2011
Not Impressed
Dr Hicks rushed me and paid little attention to my concerns. She acted like having a baby is no big deal and downplayed every issue or question I had in an effort to move me along quickly and go to the next patient. It felt like she was constantly in a rush, even when she delivered my baby! I will not go back to her.

May 3rd, 2011
DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR
I had a horrible experience with Dr. Hicks and the entire practice. The staff members were rude. They sat me in the hallway and asked me the preliminary exam questions where everyone could here. Dr. Hicks didn't allow me the dignity of a private patient consolations, she entered my room with a nurse and I had discuss all of my issues in front of both of them. Dr. Hicks didn't greet me pleasantly and introduce herself for our first meeting, instead she rudely asked me to confirm that I was there for my yearly exam and I said yes, but I have some issues to discuss and her reaction was impatience. She stood in front of me with her hands on her hips in an aggressive stance and drilled me. She continually cut me off and gave curt and rude answers. Her demeanor made me feel very uncomfortable. I had to push for treatment an issue she dismissed. She just seemed to get angry as I tried to discuss anything. I have never felt so uncomfortable and honestly violated. There is something wrong with her. She does not belong in the medical field. The practice has serious privacy issues as well. I could hear the patient across the hall, and I am sure she could hear me. Do not visit this practice or this doctor. Save yourself the headache I have had to go through.

April 20th, 2011
Unhappy mom
This was my daughters first obgyn visit after having been sexually assaulted. She was also having very bad cramping and heavy bleeding. When my daughter mentioned the assault Dr. Hicks only comment was, "Well we will check you for gonorrhea and chlamydia." That was ALL she said. I will never take her back there or recommend Dr. Hicks to anyone. Her full exam of my daughter for a brand new patient was a total of 6 minutes. We do not need our hand held, but a little human compassion wouldn't hurt.

April 14th, 2011
I strongly urge you not to see this doctor
Dr. Hicks was awful. She cut me off while expressing concerns and she answered my questions in a way that made me feel stupid. She did not care about my issues. There is something wrong with her. Her personality does not suit that of a physician. She brought a nurse into the office and I had to explain my issues and concerns in front of the nurse instead of calling for her when she was ready to do the exam. I was lead down the hallway by a nurse who was asking me the preliminary exam questions while walking in front of me; without any regard to my privacy. Dr. Hicks and the entire practice does not give any consideration to a patients privacy or dignity. I actually felt violated by the entire experience.

April 5th, 2011
Rush rush rush, Very dismissive
Rushed right through both of my appts. Prescribed me meds that gave me an allergic reaction and didn't connect my symptoms with the meds, instead telling me I had a stomach virus. Almost ended up in the hospital from those pills. Finding a different OB ASAP and getting a second opinion regarding my abnormal pap. I am not impressed with her dismissive attitude towards me at both appts and obvious inability to spend more than one minute discussing my concerns. The nurses are much nicer at the office, but it's the doctor that matters in the end.