Dr. Tracy Collins Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Tracy Collins?

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Tracy Collins?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Dissatisfied

May 31st, 2017

Rude and condescending.

She is judgmental, rude, talks down to you, and does not listen. She acts like she is God with how she plays with her patients. She may know pharmaceuticals, but she does not know people. Additionally, there were 2 mistakes made with medication given to a pharmacy...and both were her fault. She blamed the front desk and my pharmacy, even though I know they were lies. She cannot take ownership for when she makes mistakes, and she has the worst bedside manner. Please avoid. She'll make you have more problems, because she is so darn confrontational. She should get out of the mental health practice so that she can use her education but not be around people she likely offends every day.

November 19th, 2013

LOAN OFFICER

I AM GLAD TO SEE ALL THE NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT THIS WOMEN. I WILL ABOSOLUTELY NOT EVER RECOMMEND HER AT ALL. ONE SHE IS RUDE, DOES NOT LISTEN, TALKS DOWN TO YOU. I THINK SHES IN NEED OF HER OWN SERVICES. SHE THINKS SHE'S CORRECT IN EVERY EXPLANATION. NOT TO MENTION I TRIED TO GET MY RECORD FROM HER AND TURNS OUT IT IS LOST AND THERE'S NOTHING SHE CAN DO ABOUT IT.

February 19th, 2013

Comforted to see that she has received more than a FEW negative reviews and that the problem is, in fact, with her; not everyone else! This is likely the same Tracy Collins as is associated with Phillhaven an PA. Not surprised she moved!

October 1st, 2012

Horrible!

A poor excuse for humanity. She is abrupt, unkind and abusive.Stay far away from her. She is as nasty as the day is long.

January 16th, 2012

Relativism?

I was somewhat "amused" reading the other comments because they do explain this doctor very well, factually.She diagnosed me with Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. I have been diagnosed with depression before but I always felt there was another "element" missing.However grateful I am for her diagnosis and assistance, she is definitely...rough and harsh. She does speak to me like a child and can be very condescending.I see it that she is either in need of some serious self-reflection, a vacation, or a sabbatical; perhaps all of the above. Perhaps she is getting burned out but I'm not trying to make excuses for her.I know that she "cares" but her execution is off, obviously.I appreciate that she does not "enable" me or coddle me but I don't need the harsh tone, either.She does everything everyone else has explained. She does interrupt, isn't a good listener, and does come off defensive.In a way, this has made me see that I could not rely on her for actual therapy and just see my appointments as clinical, medical management. Therefore, I have embarked on a spiritual journey that is me healing me. It is very empowering.She will be leaving the state soon so she is not accepting any new patients.I hope that she reads this. I am even considering sending her a letter myself towards the end of our relationship to express my gratitude but also my concerns for her tone and behavior towards future patients.

September 28th, 2011

Harsh at first glance, softer at deeper look

Dr. Collins scared me at first. She was very direct and even intimidating our first visit. I wasn't sure what to expect, as I have only seen one other shrink in my days and that was ten years ago- he didn't even speak English very well so I was pleased to meet Dr. Collins because 1)She was a woman and 2) English was her first language. She was able to see me within a few days whereas I was looking at a month for an appointment every other place I called. Her receptionist, Nancy, was also the only person I got on the phone to even acknowledge my needs in anything other than an ice cold demeanor. My first visit and diagnosis was well over an hours time spent with her. I am unsure if the diagnosis is correct, but it feels better to know others experience the mood swings I go through (Bipolar I with Rapid Mood Swings was my diag). It seemed pretty extreme at first, but in retrospect I have been living the last ten years of my life swinging between extreme highs and extreme lows and something needed to be done, as I had become suicidal. I at first felt Dr. Collins' questioning seemed harsh and even accusatory, as she did jump on any inconsistencies pretty harshly. However, after a second and third meeting with her she has softened up quite a bit. I even got a hug out of at the end of each of my sessions. It felt good. I would tentatively recommend Dr. Collins, going into the relationship knowing her bedside manner can come off as rought, but she really is a caring doctor. One thing, on my second visit she got into an argument in front of me with her staff, and it seemed unprofessional and made me feel very uncomfortable. I am willing to overlook that one incidence as long as I don't have to experience it again- everyone is entitled to a bad day.Overall, I seem to be one of the "lucky ones" as the initial treatment seems to be working- medication coupled with additional therapy with a counselor. I see many people go through all kinds of medications and doctors with no relief, Dr. Collins and the therapris have helped me live a better quality of life.

June 21st, 2011

REALLY condescending. The other reviews are correct - she speaks to you as if you were a child who had never heard of psychiatry before.

June 20th, 2011

Demeaning Doctor

Dr. Collins might be the most brillant shrink in town, but her demeanor sucks! She is critical and demeaning in her tone. If you want to pay for this, it's up to you. Find someone who care!

March 10th, 2011

Enough is Enough...

I have seen this doctor for 3 years and for the last 3 years I have dreaded every encounter with her. She has one of the worst attitudes I have ever known anyone to have and she talks down to her patients as if they are ignorant children. She has a godlike ego and is extremely arrogant and inconsiderate. She credited herself only for the improvement in my care/treatment without even considering other outside factors (counseling). She has implied repeatedly that without her care I would be nothing if not dead. I have seen her disrespect her staff and other patients while waiting in the lobby and I dont think Ive ever seen anyone leave her office with a smile on their faces. After 3 years and many knots in my stomach from going to her appointments I have decided that enough is enough. I have sought out treatment from other psychiatrist because at this point, ANYONE is better than she is. I wouldnt wish my worst enemy to see her or anyone with suicidal tendencies. So sum it all down she is a cold heartless individual and I feel sorry for anyone who continues to see her or is considering treatment from her. By the way, I am a social worker and I would never in a million years treatment my clients the way she treats me. Its inhumane.

May 12th, 2010

Awful

I would never reccommend subject yourself to this woman. She criticized me and was very condoscending toward me in front of my son (who was her patient), was extememly argumenitive and combative. She was so unprofessional and atangonistic I felt awful when I left her office. I feel so relieved to know It wasn't just me that felt this way!!

February 25th, 2010

VERY Poor Bedside Manner; UNWILLING to Listen and Educate

I have seen this doctor for a total of six visits and never felt like I had a positve experience. I have moved on to searching for another physician to visit, and most importantly a to obtain a second opinion. She is very rude and conveys a natural arrogance, as if her credentials give her the authority to invalidate your feelings and dismiss your concerns. She is not a good listner. I do not have enough fingers to count the number of times I had to correct her regarding my status based on previous visits (6 visits total). She will ask you a question, and interupt you before you can answer completely. She based her diagnosis of my condition by asking me questions about past academic performance and family history. Based on a conversation that lasted all of five minutes, she concluded that my mother, father, brother and two sisters all had AD/HD. When I asked for clarification of how she could come to this conclusion so fast without any further testing, she replied, " I just know, trust me, I deal with this all of the time." Afterwards I began to research what I had been told, and I felt that AD/HD could be a possibility. During my college years I was diagnosed as having issues with depression. In addition to this, I noticed my level of attention always seemed to lack in some areas. I was never diagnosed by other physicians/psychiatrists as an AD/HD individual.Throughout my visits w/ Dr. Collins over my medications for depression and AD/HD were changed multiple times due to the negative side-effects of the anti-depressents, stimulant and/or non-stimulant medications which were prescribed. I felt like I was nothing more in her eyes than a guinea pig for her research studies. When I visited for follow-ups and was asked how I was adapting to the medications, I was told that the shakiness and dizzy feelings I had as well as migraines or stomach pains were not documented side-effects of some the medications I was taking (Effexor, Pristiq, Wellbutrin, Ritalin, Concerta, Adderall, Straterra), the "perceived" side-effects were unusual and that I had a psychosematic condition, and issues or stigmas against medications. Need I say more. Now I understand why some individuals choose to self-medicate with drugs and alcohol.Do your own research about your physicians level of service, care and professionalism, the diaganoses they provide as well on any prescribed medications. Trust your initial insticts about the care you receive, or you'll end up feeling much worse than you did before you started.

November 14th, 2009

Very unprofessional and condescending!!!

I would never recommend anyone to be seen by her. She tends to blow up and become very dismissive about the patient's needs. In addition, she condones her staff to uphold to the same standards. They all have poor people skills and Dr. Collins fails to recognize the importance of bedside manner. I have to say having both she and her staff verbally abuse their patients was part of the reason I discontinued treatment there. One would think with the population treated by this doctor there would be more sensitivity, but she uses her diagnosis to take advantage of her patients. She does not acknowledge herself as part of the problem. She makes you feel guilty for expressing your opinion and uses your illness against you. I was appalled by her behavior. Very unprofessional!!!