Dr. Tracy Latz MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Mooresville, NC

3.2

March 18th, 2015
Truly Caring Doctor
She's the best Doctor I've ever had. She truly cares and wants to help. I wish I didn't have to move away because I haven't found a doctor like her since.

January 23rd, 2014
Wow -- left 3 detailed messages to try to get an appointment, after a relative recommended her. THREE messages...nobody answers the phone and nobody ever calls back. I'm thinking this would NOT be a good psychiatrist if there were a serious problem and you needed a call back or were out of medication for your child. Will go elsewhere!

November 9th, 2013
Not a good idea, folks.
My experience with Dr. Latz was unfavorable. She didn't take the time to really hear me out. She asked vague questions, and quickly prescribed me medication based only on a whim. My second visit proved to be even more problematic. Instead of listening to the side effects I was having she felt it a good idea to add even more medication to mask the first medications side effects... To my dismay I was left in a state leaving me unable to do my job. It takes forever to get ahold of her office, which is run by only one receptionist. I also had to wait an hour longer than my original appointment time. I wouldn't recommend her to treat my pet cat, much less a human being. She thinks she knows it all and fails to understand her patients are smart as well... Being a learned man with a good sense of discretion I would kindheartedly tell you folks you have better options for treatment. Shop around, folks. Don't waste your time of this one...

September 20th, 2013
loon
At first I was impressed with the amount of time she took to listen and think about me and my needs. But as months past things got more bizarre, with her mystical beliefs and hokus pocus approach. Then when she starting yelling and insulting me I was done. In a few months things changed like night and day. Weirdest experience I ever had with a Dr.

May 11th, 2013
Wise, Compassionate and Knows the Art of the Practice of Medicine
I have seen and known her almost since she started practice. I have seen her through many phases of her career - new doc, new practice, changes in practice and have witnessed her growth in the wisdom doctor's seem to get with experience - she truly has learned the art of medicine in addition to the science. She has had tremendous loyalty to her patients, and to her staff, some of which, over the years, probably could've been fired many times over but her compassion extended to them as well and when changes needed to happen, she had the courage to do them, as she recently was forced to do with a long time employee. So many docs have their noses in the air, and their heads buried in their science. Dr. Tracy knows healing has to be holistic, not just chemical. I'd take any and all members of my family to see her if her services were needed. As it is, I feel blessed to have someone that cares about ME as a WHOLE person, and not just as another patient; someone who let's us peek inside her practice and not someone holed up, isolated, with walls and windows keeping "the doctor" away from "the patients".

March 20th, 2012
misdiagnosed my son with ocd, anxiety d/o, and personality d/o. Actually he has Aspergers. Prescribed 5 different medications that he was to take daily. At every appointment I she made me feel as if I were responsible for my sons deteriorating condition. I would not recommend her to my dog.

May 23rd, 2011
a current patient
Very kind and caring. Provides many effective tools to help ease anxiety and stress. Great with follow up from visit to visit.

April 17th, 2011
Office staff needs improvement. It is difficult to get anyone on the phone.p

October 21st, 2010
Too much on her plate
I have seen Dr Latz for over a year now. I only went to see her because my previous Dr moved out of town. I asked if she would like my records and her reply if I wanted too. My opinion was she felt like she didn't need any information from outside to understand my problems fully. One of the first things she wanted to do was change a medication that I have been taking over 20 years. Side effects only minimal. My previous Dr said since that was working well for me we weren't going to make any changes in that area. I felt Dr Latz wanted to make changes when she wasn't really familiar with my particular case. You "never" get anything but the answering machine when you call her office. And I have had to make repeated calls just to get to talk to someone. Mostly someone that works in the office area. Who must have some medical credentials himself (which I don't think he does) because he likes to give his own advise to my questions. I had to go without a medication for over 8 days because I could not get any communication from the office. This caused me problems and could have lead to having a full blown manic attack. And the reasoning for the problem was because she increase the dose of one of my medications and her office staff didn't catch that, and the pharmacy had it as different, the medicine wasn't refilled. Only on my next scheduled visit was it refilled. I feel that the office staff is not qualified to make certain decisions that they are allowed to make. Since they are not professionally trained to give advise to me or my pharmacy in certain areas. I know Dr Latz is a very smart Dr. She has written a couple of books. Maybe as I said before she has too much on her plate to be a personable,professional and caring Dr in her office practice. She has to rely too much on her office staff in helping to care for her patients. I have a bipolar disorder and do not like changes but I need a Dr I can feel that I can depend on if it is needed. Not a recorded answered office phone number with evidently office staff who screens what they deem as important enough to even give her the message. How could they possible know my medical needs? And call backs are not returned more than they are. Unfortunately this is not the kind of help I need from a Dr for my illnesses. And am looking for another Dr. Maybe her expertise lies more on her writing's than her patient care. I for one feel concerned with my mental care in her hands (and in the care of her office staff). Maybe in other areas of mental health care the office practices doesn't affect them as it does me and they feel she is great.

May 10th, 2010
Seen many DRS for PTSD in CA and in NC
I rate her as top on the line based on seeing other psychiatrists after several very traumatic events. She takes copious notes while keeping good eye contact; gives me as much time as I need; is not afraid to be affectionate and friendly; validates me; asks probing questions helping me think through and put perspective on stuff; and her mind is so quick! I like the fact that she is not affected by her many accomplishments.

September 11th, 2009
Dr. Latz is professional, however her office is very poorly run.

June 23rd, 2009
I have been a patient of Dr. Latz since the end of 2008. While she is extremely nice and knowledgeable, there are a few issues that I have observed with her practice. I have had recurrent difficulties getting her office to call my pharmacy with a prescription refill request after I have run out of medicine. There have been times where I had to go directly into the office or have my pharmacy call the office to get the refill order because no one in the office will return my phone calls or call my pharmacy directly. I have been calling the office for 5 weeks straight, this time, attempting to get my refills called in prior to running out of medicine. So far, I'm still waiting and my pharmacy has now stepped in to attempt to get my medicine order for me. Also, where the office is very clean and pleasant to sit in while waiting, the wait time has exceeded over an hour before. For the majority of visits, I have waited for over 40 minutes when there was not another patient being seen.