Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  show details
Dec 24th, 2014

I've known dr. Polanco for many years and he's the best

|  One of the best doctors  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2012

Dr. Tracey Polanco is by far one of the best doctors out there. Very caring, compassionate, doesn't rush to the next patient, really give you the time and effort of your appointment. I also love his wife Leticia. They are a great pair of doctors but they just had twins so his wife is part-time now. But truly I highly recommend this doctor. I trust him with my life :)

|  The most compassionate PERSON!  |  show details
by smgonz on Mar 16th, 2011

I met Dr. Polanco a while back. He was my grandmother's doctor. She was very ill and he was so nice. I also work in the hospital and he is so nice to nursing staff as well as the patients. When it came time to pick a doctor for my family, I was lucky enough to be able to choose him. I was not impressed with the front office staff. Three of them were texting as I stood there waiting to be helped, but who cares.. Im used to having the office staff be nice and the doctor do NOTHING>> so the reverse is welcomed!

|  Office Staff  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2010

I have attempted several times in the recent weeks to reschedule an appointment with Dr. T. Polanco. I have left numerous voice messages with Nancy and have not received call backs with in the 24 hour time frame stated on Nancy's out going message. When I have received a call back, the staff has been more than unprofessional. I felt as I was a bother to them when attempting to schedule or schedule an appointment. Per my last call, the call was dropped with no attempt from the office staff to call me back. I waited for a few minutes just in case to see if they would. I had to call the office again and leave another voice mail requesting a confirmation. Once the call was received the female, I assume was Nancy, said, "hey, yeah, your appt .is on March 18 at 11:30". The reason I had to assume it was Nancy was that the female did not identify herself. On another instance, I received a call from Dr. Lira's office (same office bldg) for an appointment. I left a voice mail by mistake with Dr. Polancos staff. The call I received at this time was as follows, " yeah that was for Dr. Lira", no explanation if they received the message or not. I had to once again call back and leave another voice mail.While my Doctor appointment with Dr. Polanco are quick and I get information I need, I and always hesitant to call his office for an appointment, due to the lack of professionalism from his office staff. I have thought of changing doctors for this reason.

|  I will get another Primary Care  |  show details
by Karen C on Apr 1st, 2009

My first visit I had no exam, he called it a "meet and greet" and charge me $95. He promised me a physical exam on my second visit. I got lab results only and said he was rushed and had flu patients that day he had to work in. I did not get exam. The hernia I have he said did not need attention, my GYN said it HAD to be repaired (this just told to me yesterday) Polanco never even looked at the large navel sized orange hernia. I am a chronic pain patient. After refilling Vicodin generic for me for months he change the dose the day after I saw him and said nothing to me. I cannot sit, stand. or walk for more than 15 minutes without changing positions due to severe pain. I called his office and asked about the change. they did not call back but refilled my med as I took it in past. They did this for 3 refills and then when it was time for my next refill he declined it, with no notice , no phone call, no reason why they did not return my call when I wanted to know why and how to manage the pain with the new dose he wrote, (but he refilled the old dose 3 x). I had a month to wait to get into an appt with a pain specialist, am a breast cancer patient, I have an over 10cm abdominal mass or ovarian cyst being worked up with MRI for surgery by OBGYN. Dr. Polanco in incompetant, or after I left over 10 messages about increasing pain that keeps me from sleeping he said he only got one message from staff. Last week while he had office hours he told his staff to tell me to go to urgent care for my pain if I could not get into see the pain clinic physician. Why even have a doctor if he wants you to use the ER or Urgent care during business hours and after calling his office 10 times to report unbearable problems.