A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Schmidt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Schmidt is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Schmidt, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Schmidt graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Schmidt has 8 hospital affiliations:
- St Charles Medical Ctr
- Stamford Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schmidt accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Anthem - 17 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Providence Health Plan - 15 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. William T. Schmidt practice?
Dr. William Schmidt practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Stamford, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Bend, OR.
See Stamford Surgeons.