Neurological Surgeons

Brigham & Women's Hospital
75 Francis St
Boston, MA 02115
617-732-6858
Locations and availability (3)

|  A Competent and Caring Surgeon  |  show details
by Marcia Mallory on Jul 9th, 2014

Dr. Tierney recently performed DBS surgery on my husband using the Clearpoint method. Because this is a newer method of DBS we were a little apprehensive about the safety and effectiveness of the procedure. Dr. Tierney spent a lot of time with us and showed us the actual electrodes that would be used. He made himself available to us both before and after the surgery, giving us his cellphone number, He called before the surgery to see if we had any more questions and the night we got home to make sure we had gotten home alright. Although he is an extremely busy surgeon, Dr. Tieney always seemed relaxed and willing to spend as much time with us as needed. We are pleased with the results and the care my husband received from Dr. Tierney and from his staff.

|  Dr. Tierney's unique combination of medical and patient-centric personal skills.  |  show details
by Geoffrey A. Schoos on Jun 19th, 2013

I just underwent a surgical procedure at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. I have little to say except for this: Dr Tieney is THE finest surgeon I've ever met. I have no knowledge of surgeons who will visit you in the hospital and spend the requisite time to discuss and resolve. Dr. Tierney does this and more. My surgery was complex and because of that, there were serious concerns about its success. The Doctor not only visited me to ensure me that I was in goodm shape (and as of today he's quite right, but he also constantly communicated to my wife about my condition but also answered any and questions she had. To ensure that the lines of communication remained open, Dr. Tierney gave both us several phone numbers which either of us can use to speak directly to him.To me, Dr. Tierney is not just a great surgeon but is also a great and compassionate man. And he is lucky to have a staff (picked by him) that share and execute his values and approach to the practice of medicine. I will recommend that anyone in the medical market for a neurologist to contact Dr. Tierney. You not only will get a great physician but also a true and active partner dedicated to resolving your medical issue.

|  Great Dr with Good staff  |  show details
by Erin on May 21st, 2013

DR Tierney was very kind and very knowledgeable of my condition. I was told by my last NS who did 2 brain surgeries that I was going to have to suffer the rest of my life. She discharged me and I was left worse than when I started. I was able to get an appointment within 2 weeks. I didn't even get to finish my paperwork before they called me in. Dr Tierney came into the room introduced himself and actually did his homework and knew about my case, he read through 70 plus pages. He was very nice, he did all the things they do when they do their evaluations,he was great. He looked at MRI's and said lets get you a CT and go see another Dr just to make sure there wasn't an underlying issue. There isn't. I worked as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist for 20 years and have had a few run ins with rude Dr's. I can undeniably say DR Travis Tierney is far from rude! He is the only Dr that has told me he will make me feel better. I had never heard that, he gave me hope. His secretary Heather is very kind and prompt. I go see him in a few weeks and know that I'm in good hands.

|  DBS for Parkinson's Disease  |  show details
by Hazel B on Apr 22nd, 2013

Dr. Tierney recently operated on my husband and we found him to be caring and very professional but at the same time down to earth in his interactions with us. He took time to explain everything, answer our many questions and kept me updated on the procedure progress via phone. He is a wonderful neurosurgeon.

|  Unprofessional and rude  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2012

Very unprofessional with the staff and other physicians.