Dr. Trenton Gause MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2
  • 7 reviews

January 8th, 2017
GREAT Doctor
In the end of September I broke my upper arm - humerus - and was recommended to see an Orthopedic practice connected with Passavant Hospital, which is Tri Rivers Musculoskeletal Center. The doctor I was assigned was Dr. Trenton Gause. Every time I go there I check in and then am quickly shown to the exam room. I see the doctor's nurse, then I change in to a gown (I like to bring my own), then I am shown to the x-ray room (right in the office) where I get two x-rays taken and the doctor looks at the digital x-rays before he comes into the exam room. Dr. Gause if very quick in the exam room, however he always asks me at least 5 times per visit if I have any question. After he says or explains anything he asks me if I have questions. So, even though he's quick, I DO have time and a chance to voice any concerns or ask for anything to be clarified before he leaves the room. His physicians assistant, Eric, is similarly fast but has the same habit of always making sure all my questions have been answered. Dr. Gause if very straight forward with a pleasant demeanor. I have now had two surgeries with Dr. Gause - one for hardware to stabilize my upper arm and shoulder, and one which was a partial shoulder replacement. Dr. Gause has always sought the most conservative treatment for my shoulder/upper arm, but when my shoulder started collapsing after the hardware was put in, we had to move to a more aggressive partial shoulder replacement. I am unusual in having two surgeries with Dr. Gause within two months - 1st was 10/12/16 and 2nd was 12/14/16. Both times he suggested surgery was required I was able to schedule the surgery the very next week - we're talking less than 7 days. I'm very impressed at not having to wait. And, that isn't because he's not busy - the first surgery in October I was the fourth patient on that surgery day. His surgery days are each Monday and Wednesday at Passavant Hospital. I don't know of his schedule at any other hospital. I highly recommend Dr. Gause and I have had wonderful treatment both personally and medically with Dr. Gause.

August 16th, 2016
Horrible experience. Waisted 8 months of my life and spent 8 months in pain because of his failure to fix my hand. Kept giving me cortisone shots installing of repairing what was a torn tendon! Happy I left this doctor and went to a competent surgeon.

May 13th, 2015
very good surgeon!
I had surgery for basal thumb joint arthritis and he did a wonderful job, only problem was a stitch or two was left in by the nurse, but I have no complaints. Everything went very well and now that the other thumb is bad, I would go back again

October 30th, 2014
caring and compassionate
Doctor was very compassionate to my problem. He diagnosis my problem accurately and and gave me good advise. i found him to take time with me and i like the fact that i could ask questions. I was very nervous about my problem and i felt a lot better after meeting doctor gause. I would recommend this doctor to everyone.

September 14th, 2013
Dr gause was not very polite and barely touched me during the examination. The xray tech was rude too.

February 18th, 2013
piss poor
Gause is too worry about getting out of the room. He doesn't care to spend time with you. I needed to force him to give me 30 secounds of his time. He does the same shoulder tests every apt. He missed diagnosed my shoulder. He was too worry about scrambling out of the room. If you have a problem that needs some attention and looking for a little bit of compassion and understanding dont see Gause. I would not recommend him at all. Bedside manner is poor. We wasn't going to visit me post-opp until I had to ask to see him.

August 24th, 2010
Too fast too brief
I went to see him for a shoulder injury. He spoke very quickly, didn't give me a second to ask a question, then left the room. I tried asking 2 q ...