Dr. Tresara Bell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Tresara Bell?

5 Ratings with 1 Comment

August 5th, 2013

True Patient Adovcate

I'm extremely grateful to have had Dr. Bell as my cancer surgeon. She is EXCELLENT - very dedicated to helping create the optimal outcome. She is a true patient advocate - not merely a "patient care provider." I had a lump in my right breast that I ignored for about a year - believing it was a benign cyst like my mother had when she was older. Plus, my oldest sister always said, "we don't get cancer in our family," whenever she and I and my two other sisters were discussing our health needs and the merits of annual mammograms. When I received my shocking diagnosis of breast cancer, I was informed by Dr. Bell, in a very clear and straight forward manner, about my "next step" options. I was very reassured by her confidence in her ability to help me. She is very direct, but encourages you to make your own decision. She offers simple, clear advice. Moreover, she expressed such confidence in her ability to perform a successful surgery that my fears melted away. Friends and co-workers asked why I wasn't getting a "second opinion" at Sloan-Kettering or at least NYU Cancer Center? I told them that my doctor trained at NYU, and more to the point, I just knew from her manner, her advice and her confidence that she was the doctor me. I had a successful partial mastectomy. I am healing and doing well. I strongly recommend Dr. Bell to any woman diagnosed with breast cancer. She is caring but more importantly she is capable, skilled and dedicated to doing the very best for her patients.

March 23rd, 2017