inactive

Tressie M Duffy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

July 3rd, 2016
Arresting the best doctor I ever had
Dr. Tressie Duffy is an excellent doctor that takes time to understand her patients. I have a terminal illness and 2 other major health issues. Dr. Duffy changed my life. Every OTHER doctor I've seen for 15 years has given me very potent narcotics with little knowledge or apparent interest in my actual diagnosis, pain level or consideration for alternative treatments to help me. Dr. Tressie Duffy took the TIME and interest to treat my condition and ME as if I were an individual, instead of a case in a book. She researched my rare illness and helped find new ways to treat the symptoms, in a way that kept me from being dependant on opiates, while still providing the amount that I needed to be able to even get out of bed and care for my home & family. Dr. Duffy being arrested and going to prison for distributiin of narcotics is ridiculas. The charges are trumped up by politics and over-eager law enforcement . There's no doubt that Berkeley Countyty, WV has a problem, but Dr. Duffy is certainly not it or even a small part of it. Her only fault is caring for her patients full body, and mind, and ADVOCATING for laws that actually help those of us that NEED HER! In my 1 1/2 years as her patient I have NEVER seen her do anything other than the best she can for any of her patients She is the type of doctor that spent evenings and weekends attending countless seminars in an effort to better herself and learn all the latest technology/science to provide a level of care that you just cannot find these days. Last thing- this doctor that was arrested for illegally distributing narcotics she is the ONLY DOCTOR in 15 years of pain management and family medicine that was able (or even tried) to help me STOP taking narcotics for 6 months. This arrest and prison sentence is a witch hunt and the police should really focus their attention to the drug dealers in Berkeley County that are out selling heroin to our children (latest one, mixing it with RAT POISON - causing the a brand new high school graduate. Its these types of laws, that would convict someone like Dr. Duffy, that should really be the crime.

June 27th, 2016
Chronic Pain is Under Treated
Dr Tressie Duffy was the 1 Doctor out of 14 that really heard what I had to say, prepared a long-term treatment plan for my chronic pain that didn't includes opiates, educated me on the over-use of opiates and never compromised my health. In addition she diagnosed me with other on-going issues others Drs. had just lumped into my prior health issues. She took her time with everyone so yes you had a wait but it was worth it to feel validated that all my issues were not in my head & she gave me hope for a better future for me & my family. Few things a Doctor does is more important than relieving pain...pain is soul destroying. No patient should have to endure intense pain. Dr. Tressie Duffy recognized that, doing everything within her power to do so without opiates.

December 30th, 2015
She spent a long time with me but failed to treat me she never would answer any future calls and never had a treatment plan for me I felt she just took my money and ran.how unprofessional is this I might take legal action as well .

September 19th, 2015
This place is a money racket
Duffy is clearly on drugs with her OCD and erratic behavior. Every single time I have been there I have waited for several hours the longest being 6 hours. You have to constantly argue with the workers about what your taking, the dose, how much money you owe this time, and then get to hear the doctor talk about her personal life and getting her titties motor boated. She says she does not except insurance because they won't pay her what she is worth but really its because she is money hungry and I added up what I could and she has be making at least 10-15 thousand a month. Who is going to give up that kind of money? They have constantly tried to switch my medicine around with no warning at all and I would go in for an appointment and they would be closed or have a different date then I was given. ANYWAYS avoid this place if you don't won't to be broke every month.

May 27th, 2015
Whatever
The dr took and medicated all these patients for years & years and then can no longer see any of them . Without notice patients received a phone call to pick up medical records for $25 and not referred to another dr. Now I'm sure about 80 % of these patients are with out a dr because of her or going to Suboxone clinics ! And yes she would brainwash patients to be on her side ! And NOTHING IS CONFIDENTIAL!

May 18th, 2015
Very passionate doctor .

May 5th, 2015
Great doctor. Great person.

April 20th, 2015
If she accepted Medicare and Medicaid I would still be with her.And i will recommend anyone to see her,if she is still in practice. Tressie really cares for her patients,she takes her time and she always ask if there is anything else you need to talk about.

March 12th, 2015
New Patient
I'm a new patient with Dr. Duffy and this review is based my first visit. Based on that I can say that Dr. Duffy is kind, personable and very knowledgeable. I will be back and highly recommend this place!

February 8th, 2015
Very professional doctor she was very thorough with me and showed compation for me being a veteran and not being treated right at the Martinsburg VA center.

September 28th, 2014
haters will hate
I was a patient of Tressie's . SHE SAVED MY LIFE!! I thank her for all of my success, I made it through beauty school, I was able to get my family back and be a mother to my child, and i can hold a job now and Im a productive member of society. I wasnt like that before I became a part of her program. I really truely wanted and desperately needed help. I was prostituting for drug money and i kept getting arrested. I stole, lied and cheated bc of my addiction. I had been to rehab and N.A. meetings, even jail didnt set me straight! Until I signed up for the suboxone program at wvww and I was able to go to counseling at her office with dr.Ruth (wonderful caring woman) I felt support from her when my own mother couldnt even look at me. No body is perfect. Ive done things in my past that I have to now live with for the rest of my life. Just bc you made bad choices doesnt make you a bad person. She made me realize that I am capable of so much. I was signed up for life coaching classes she was supposed to be having the first week of oct next month . This was supposed to be a stepping stone to my true dream of becomming an addictions councilor so I can help people who suffer from addiction like myself. She has helped so many people regain control of their lives and get off the streets. I think what has happened is people are mad bc they either got kicked out for abusing meds or simply not following rules. Oh, or she fired them bc they were rude employees bottom line. Haters are gonna hate, hate, hate! Now I am left without a Dr. And so are alot of people its a shame! I pray that Tressie not get in any trouble and do away with the pain management and stick to suboxone treatment. Bc I believe thats her true calling in life.

September 28th, 2014
Dr. T. Duffy u knew what u was doing
Dr .Duffy was nice to me in the beginning as long as I paid her her I worked hard and done everything they said. Tracie every time she would look at u she thought she was better than everyone else (I'm not the one facing prison) Amanda was never a nice person she was the first one to judge. Every time I would have an appt dr. Duffy would talk to my daughter and about her weight. I knew something was going on but u could never get an answer. I would call for days for refills and they would say NO it's not time ( so I started writing it all down on a calendar. ) I told the girls behind the widows look it up its time. It was like pulling teeth with them. Karma is real . Well this last time i gave the office 250.00 that should have gave me a months worth well all I got was a 2 week supply, they gave me an appt.for 2 weeks so they called me the night before my appt and said don't show up she can't write scripts for anything. Then I called the pharmacy the ONLY one that would fill for her they said "yes she is still writing scripts and we r still filling them" so what the deal If DR. DUfffys patients done wrong she was quick to jump all over them or throw them out. So why should Dr Duffy not get in any trouble I feel Dr. Duffy , Amamda, and Tracy should get the max they can get. If we as patients done wrong we would get in trouble so why r they any different. I put my trust in her and now I'm right back to where I started. It's no wonder relapse is so high the meds she prescribed r ones u can't cut off cold turkey. I just pray her patients get the help they need. It's a dang gone shame when Dr. Duffy took her oath as a dr she swore she would cause no harm. What a joke she has caused a lot of harm to a lot of people. I pray her husband opens his eyes this time and sees her for what she is. I pray he learns from this and don't do his pts like this and at the same time don't judge the pts for what HIS wife has had them on. I had to hit a star or it would not submit it but I don't even want the one star hit