Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.5

|  Health Promotion Officer  |  show details
by MAJ Jeff HAll U.S. ARMY on Jul 18th, 2014

This review is of the Staff. I am an Active Duty Officer in the U. S. Army , My Daughter is a college student on Okla. and was referred to DR Graham by default as tricare South System Provider. DR Graham is a PCM providing care for soldier families in their region. My Daughter was ill with what we found was a heart condition after a trip to the ER. She had made an appointment with DR Graham's Office but canceled the morning of because she was in the ER and would not be able to make the appointment. After discharge from the ER she tried to make a follow-up appointment with DR Graham's Office. She was told by the receptionist that she canceled the appointment, and that Dr Graham will no longer accept her as a patient. I then Called Tricare South and explained that I would prefer my daughter be sent to Vance AFB other than the 90 miles to Sayre Oklahoma anyway. Which in the long run happened and will be better for us? However since I work in Health Promotion for the Army I wanted to understand the issue. I called Dr Graham’s office and asked to speak with a supervisor. I left my number to be called back. The receptionist called back in about ten minutes and said she has personally talked to the doctor and my daughter could be seen the next morning now. I told her we have her being seen now at Vance, however I would still like to talk to supervisor before formally writing a complaint to Tricare South about the treatment the receptionist was giving me and my Daughter. I received no call back that afternoon. This morning I called to talk to supervisor and once again he was gone and I was told by the receptionist that this was all my daughters fault and then hung up on me. I am writing this for two reasons. One if you have served this country you does not deserve this kind of treatment from the reception staff. Two in light of the recent VA scandals and the awareness of how veterans and military families are treated there is no reason to subject you to this treatment. My recommendation is to avoid this provider’s office. There are other providers in the Area check with Tricare and demand the service you deserve. Their office has been very adversarial and has put the Blame solely on my Sick Daughter. I would suggest also that Tricare re evaluate using this provider as a primary care manager in the future. PS I would give no stars for the reason we were not seen.