Dr. J Woodhams Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. J Woodhams?

Chronic Dry Eye

Chronic Dry Eye

Have you seen Dr. J Woodhams?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 8th, 2013

Horrible.

An absolute Nightmare. The physician may be decent, but the support staff that he has surrounded himself with is terrible. They were sloppy in the pre-surgical measurements and completely wrecked the vision in one of my eyes by over-correcting it by +1.00 !!!. I could tell they were rushing through the exam trying to get me into the operating room, and I brought it to their attention that they had stopped adjusting the machine before the image was in focus on my second eye in the way they had on the first. But they said, that it really wasn't important as it was just redundant measurements. It was so bad that I had to buy out my own pocket a special pair of glasses costing several hundred dollars just to manage near 5 months of bad vision and terrible headaches until a SECOND surgery could correct their mistake. Then there was the time off of work, the medications, and numerous other expenses, not to mention the time and pain. To add insult to injury... literally... their PRACTICE MANGER had the nerve to repeatedly tell me how grateful that I should be that they were waiving the fees for the second surgical procedure. Well, they should be REALLY gratefully I haven't sued them for their negligence. Then, because one eye was on a different Post-Op schedule than the second double surgery eye, they wanted to charge me for follow up visits because they say they only include follow ups for a certain period from the FIRST surgery... EVEN WHEN THEY NEARLY BLIND YOU FOR 5 MONTHS. As soon as they had my money, all that kindness and caring was stunningly replaced with a completely different attitude. Because of the major error on their part that the MD stated "I just dont know how this could have happened.." I asked to have my follow ups with the actual MD... but, nope. I was schedule with his assistants instead. IF I COULD DO IT AGAIN I WOULD PAY TWICE AS MUCH TO GO TO SOMEONE DIFFERENT....

July 18th, 2011

Job Well Done

I went in for lasik during the middle of the summer of 2003. I wore contacts/glasses for the most of my life and didn't like them, thus I decided to get the surgery, and I'm thrilled that I did! I am now seeing approximately 20/15 (I haven't been in for a checkup in 6 years). Dr. Woodhams and staff told me what to expect before, during, and after the surgery, and they were exactly right on everything. During the surgery, Dr. Woodhams was talking to me about what he was doing and what he was about to do, which made me feel extremely comfortable. The whole procedure seemed to take only 15 minutes, and was completely painless, I would highly recommend Dr. Woodhams to anyone who is thinking about getting eye surgery. The only drawback is that he won't operate on anyone outside of his specified parameters on what he deems to be safe, so I suppose that isn't really a drawback.

August 10th, 2010

Positive experience. Very professional. Great improvement in vision after surgery.As a pilot vision is extremely important aspect of my job.

May 18th, 2010

Great vision thanks to Dr. Woodhams

I had Prelex with Dr. Woodhams and my vision is simply GREAT. Lasik was not best for me but there were plenty of docs that would have done it. If you are over 50, before you have Lasik visit Dr. Woodhams to learn about Prelex. I can see at all distances!

December 1st, 2014