Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Wow  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2014

I never write reviews. I was so compelled to write one for Dr. W. She is so insightful, genuine, brilliant, and you can tell highly experienced. Yes, you will wait months to see her, but as my GP said, "worth the wait". She says it as it is and I feel so inspired that I will finally get my diabetes under control. She even emails her patients! Her front desk woman was very friendly, which is a first too for me.

Sep 6th, 2013

Waited 40 minutes past appointment time. Doctor did not bother to see me. Sent in NP. NP spent less than 5 minutes and did not really listen to me, This office obviously overbooks and the doctor is too busy to see patients.

|  Thank you...  |  show details
by P.Renard on Jun 20th, 2013

Your reviews have made me feel better about seeing Dr.Westhoff. I went to a Dr. Poorsattar in Camarillo and she totally lived up to everyone of her poor reviews.. I wish I had come here first and seen them.

|  Board certified  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2013

Dr W is the best..knowledgeable, genuine, natural, cares. She practices academically but doesn't make you feel stupid. Won't give you meds unless needed. Beware of other scam hormone doctors pushing compounded drugs or too much thyroid hormone. I learned the hard way. Now I have heart problem and osteoporosis. Trust Dr WP instead.

|  Clair b  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2012

so experienced and really knows her stuff. She gets to the point and can see probably 30-40 patients a day and know several details about each one cuz she is so organized and intelligent. My family doctor said she is hard to see but worth the wait. The only endocrinologist that the ER and hospital doctors trust cuz she is well trained with complicated cases, says my family doctor. We r so lucky to have her in little Ventura! Great bedside manner too!

|  Pituitary Patient  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

You will love her. I am in tears because I was so relieved to find a doctor nearby that is right on target. I dont have to travel to LA. She trained at UCLA and USC and is very experienced with large volume of complicated Endo patients.

Apr 21st, 2011

Excellent bedside manner. More importantly, highly respected by all my other doctors. She is hard to get to see because she is so in demand, but worth it. She knows her stuff, and wont try to sell you a lot of BS. I trusted her opinion. I am an intelligent patient; I dont fall for charleton doctors like other Endos out there.

|  Unbelievable doctor!  |  show details
by Karen Doogle on Jan 15th, 2011

Trust me, you will love her. She is VERY smart, VERY easy to talk to, excellent reputation among other doctors (my doctor said, "You can only see her for endocrinolgy, she is the best in town"). She doesnt try to sell you things or feed you BS. Scientific and trustworthy, exceptionally empathetic.

Nov 8th, 2010

She knows her stuff, is current on treatments, etc., & had been a patient of hers for about 6 years, but I have to say, her staff overbooks & in all those years, my average wait time was about 40-45 minutes - this is unacceptable when a patient has other plans post appointment.

|  complicated patient  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2010

An amazing doctor. Incredibly smart, witty, sharp, great listener, and not trying to push a bunch of supplements and gimmicks. She seems legitamate and all the doctors in town say she is the best Endocrinolgist.

|  Dr. Westhoff is one of the best!  |  show details
by Rosemary B. on May 9th, 2010

Because I found out I was pregnant just a few months after I found out I was a Type II Diabetic, Dr. Westhoff's office saw me within a day of my calling for a first-time appointment. She really listened to my concerns about being pregnant & diabetic at the same time and with her help - I've had a worry-free pregnancy. She replies to my emails & phone calls very promptly (even on her days off). Her office staff is also very courteous & her personal assistant is great at following up.

Feb 16th, 2010

Do not recommend this girl, find yourself a more experienced doctor that will help you with your problem as I did.

|  Worth the wait for this awesome Doctor.  |  show details
by Katrina M. on Sep 16th, 2009

Dr. Westhoff is extremely bright, and very easy to talk to because she really LISTENS to her patients. She explains what is going on in your body, and what she is going to do to help. I waited 3 Months for a first time appointment with this Doctor because of her wonderful reputation. It is well worth the wait!

|  Loved her!  |  show details
by Harry Domingo on Jun 16th, 2009

Very smart, able to communicate, highly trained. Ventura is lucky to have her.

|  Totally best in town  |  show details
by lsmolen on Nov 21st, 2008 on kudzu.com

You will need to wait in her waiting room for about an hour and wait to see her about 3-4 months, but totally worth it. She is very busy for a reason.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com