Dr. Trina Martin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Trina Martin?

July 10th, 2015

Mr.

My take on seeing Dr. Martin for the last 6 years, was very worried about cholesterol levels and blood pressure. After 2 trips to the ER for spiking high blood pressure and the feeling that I was suffering a heart attack, I couldn't get an appointment to speak with her and asked for a referral to a cardiologist. He did a heart cath procedure and found no major blockage and could see from a stress test that there was cause for concern. After 2 ct scans, he referred me back to Dr martin because of a mass on my adrenal gland and recommended she confer with a specialist or surgeon. 2 weeks later for my reg visit for bloodwork for blood pressure/cholesterol, had to ask if she had reviewed Dr Joiners notes and what did she recommend.she had to look through her files on laptop to see if she had recieved anything, looked through ct report and said it says I have a fatty mass, it was nothing to worry about, we all have fatty masses throughout our body. Voiced my concerns that if a cardiologist had told me it was not his field to advise me on, she told me, knowing my line of work, I won't advise you how to keep the electricity on, let me worry about your blood pressure. After several more episodes of excuciating chest pains with spikes in bp( and an unexplained disappearance of Dr Martin) found a new dr in St Augustine that was very worried that even with bp meds, the 3 office visits this year, my bp was above170/100. After reviewing ct scans that Dr Martin dismissed, he referred me to endocrinologist. Yesterday was my follow up visit with him and after doing 2 48hr urine collections he will be conferring with a mayo specialist for what he says is pheochromocytoma, a tumor on the adrenal gland that produces too much endorphines and adrenaline that is so rare, they usually only catch it after a heart attack when doing an autopsy. Thanks Dr Martin, for telling me quit scaring myself trying to internet diagnoing myself when I asked you about pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma. Not saying it as derogatory not knowing your reason for unexplained absence, but finding someone else may save my life. As for getting an appointment, if it wasn't prescheduled from last vist having bloodwork done every 3 months, it was easier to go to mediquick than call for appt if sick.

June 9th, 2015

Dr. Martin Rocks

Dr. Martin is awesome. It takes a while to get your initial appointment (like any other doctor) but after that it's very easy to get in to see her. She does a great job explaining the problems and always has a plan to make things better. Never rushes through the visit and always takes as much time as needed to answer questions. Very caring person.

March 10th, 2015

Very thorough and compassionate woman. She spends lots of time explaining and discussing things. Very Thorough.

February 7th, 2015

The worst experience

I was not happy with her professionalism...there was none. She is obsessed with cholesteral numbers, even if they are not too far off. She over charges..probably to pay for her fancy office. Her staff including her nurse are incompetent. I went to her three times and each visit was more than 200 dollars. I have recently talked to four different people who use to go to her and feel the same way. I cancelled my last appointment and now have a new primary doctor.

February 5th, 2014

Dismal patient care

The staff is uncourteous and the doctor is unprofessional and insensitive. I missed an appointment for the first time and was denied a waiver for their $50 no show fee after I called the next day to reschedule due to a family emergency. The staff was rude and the doctor refused to give me an answer regarding the waiver for the duration of 5 months during which time my credit suffered since the account was forwarded to a collections agency.

December 10th, 2013

seems more interested in over all numbers of patients than care-nurse staff is not professional or college educated- tech school grads

June 11th, 2013

My experience with this person has been a nightmare of incompetence and general lack of care or concern. Am on day eight waiting for prescriptions that have not been sent in to the pharmacy. Have placed three phone calls to the office and then went there to speed things up hopefully-I was told by reception she is "too busy and stays up til 2 a.m. working". Am on day two without the statin and high blood pressure meds- major lack of communication and follow up by anyone on this sorry staff-

July 19th, 2012

Needs to Fire a Few Folks!

Dr. Martin herself is a GREAT compassionate doctor. Her office staff (4-5 years ago!) used to be efficient and courteous. Now she has these young girls who are rude, obnoxious and uneducated. Half the time no one answers the phone, and when they do,they act like they don't even know what you are talking about. I have been charged for things I wasn't supposed to pay for, and had to make multiple phone calls just for routine paperwork. It would be a wonderful practice if she would JUST HIRE SOME EFFICIENT PEOPLE. We told her what goes on, but she didn't believe us. She listens only to the people who work at the desk, and patients reporting problems are ignored and summarily dismissed. I know of more than half dozen patients who have gone elsewhere because of her clerical staff's gross incompetence and lack of professionalism. She's lost a lot of clients because of this!!!

July 11th, 2012

Terrible Doctor and Front-Desk Staff

My problems are way too many to put here because I have tried several times and run out of room. In a nutshell, the front office staff is rude, the wait time to see the doctor is unbelievable, prescriptions do not get called to the pharmacy accurately at times and never in a timely manner. You are charged for missed appointments when you don't call in 24 hours before your visit even though the office closes every day at 3:30 and, when they are there, they don't answer or put you on hold. When I explained my displeasure about this policy, Dr. Martin told me to find another doctor and would not fill my prescriptions nor refund

May 18th, 2012

The office staff here are incredibly inefficient, ok, awful. Dr. Martin is the best but she should really reevaluate the people who are the ones speaking to patients! You have to call a number of times to even get through and when you do you're usually put on hold. I have been a front desk person for years and NEVER left my office with an issue unresolved they way they do!

May 15th, 2011

Dr. Martin has great bedside manner; however, my wait time for my initial appointment was tedious. I waited an hour before it was called in and once I was call back the wait continued for another 40 minutes. I'm hoping that she was just having a scheduling issue that day. I also had to wait 3 months for a new patient appt. I will report back on my next appt. Further, someone on the staff does not like working with people-rude on the phone and does not return calls. That could be bad for business.

April 27th, 2011

Dr. Martin is not a bad Doctor, but her Office Staff are the worst there is and unprofessional. They do not get their work done, you call, put you on hold without making sure you are having an urgent issue. Overall, worst office staff I have ever encounter.