Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Look elsewhere  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2014

I have seen been a patient of Dr. Smith for a number of years, and I would rate her performance as sub par for the entire time I was under her "care." Wellness exams are an absolute joke with her, and she'd rather write a perscription for you than fully understand your symptoms and come up with an accurate diagnosis. Trust me, I have been misdiagnosed by her at least twice. These misdiagnoses could have been avoided if she would have taken some time to understand my symptoms instead of trying to rush me out of the door. Her bedside manner can be a little lacking at times. Her staff (both at her former and current location) are wonderful. That's honestly the only high point of visiting this doctor.

|  I would never see her again..  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2013

I saw her for the first time for wellness exam and I chose her because she says on her website that wellness exams are of professional interest to her. I was highly disappointed and this was the worst wellness exam I had in years. Everyone has worries about this or that in your body and you bring up things like that in your wellness exam to make sure you not only look healthy but actually are healthy. Dr. Smith did not seem to care at all. She was very routine and I would agree with the last comment made that she is not the doctor who seem to care about you as a patient. I am not sure if all the good reviews here are written by Dr. Smith herself!

|  show details
Feb 12th, 2013

Worst doctor experience ever in my life. She is not only a bad doctor but a horrible person. I told her I have a few questions and she wasted all the appointment time explaining about contraceptives because apparently that is an agenda item for physical appointments even though it was not a concern for me. She did not alert me how much time is allotted for my appointment and after doing some small talk and a long talk on contraceptives when I got to my list of questions she asks me to take a separate appointment for all that and rushed out the exam room asking me to change quickly saying she also needs to get back home on time. Then she did my pap smear in merely 2 minutes (literally) and barged out the exam room saying if you only sleep with one partner you don’t need a pap smear every year. Instead of saying see you again or good day or something, those were her words leaving the room. It felt very rude. When I told her that I did not get a chance to even bring up my questions she says all we do in annual physicals in take your blood work, talk about contraceptives and do pap smear if you want one. She is a horrible doctor. I did so much research on which doctor to pick because we were new to the city and was awaiting my physical appointment but was extremely disappointed with my appointment with Trisha Smith.

|  exceptional Doc  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2012

I love dr. Smith...been my doctor since 2007, she.is great i just wish she was an ob/gyn.....

|  Disagree with the one who says Dr. T.Smith is impatient  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2011

She is very courteous, professional and never impatient. On the contrary to what that other person is claiming, she is very calm, sometimes witty too. She is our family doctor for quite a few years now. And no problems. She doesn't unnecessarily prescribe any drug regime for every small thing. She double-checks everything before she puts us on a regime

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2011

Dr. Smith and her staff are exceptional. I never have to wait long, and yet I never feel rushed. Dr. Smith encourages me to ask questions and seems to be genuinely concerned about my well being. She and her staff are extremely respectful and I could not be happier with the care I have received.

|  Eh...she's alright  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

I have to admit that I've been lazy looking for another PCP, so that is why I stayed with her so long. My original PCP moved to another location, so I was stuck with her. I feel that if you are healthy, she is great for you, but if you mildly have any issues, you probably will not receive adequate care. I believe we all have to be proactive with our doctors, but I found myself having to bring up everything with her, even constantly repeating my medical history. She also is quick to push drugs on me without telling me what is wrong with me.I can see her working for some patients, but if you are having a few issues with her...please don't be like me. Shop around for another PCP, which is what I'm doing now.

|  show details
by Suzanne on Aug 16th, 2010

Dr. Smith is awesome! I have been going to her for years and I have never had any issues with her. She has always been very good at communication, diagnosing, and time spent with me as a patient. Could some of the previous reviewers have the wrong Dr. Smith? I cannot even imagine her yelling at a patient.

|  Best dr. I've ever had  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2010

Easy to talk with, very competent. Great dr. I would recommend anyone to her!

|  No problems for me  |  show details
by Al on Jan 15th, 2010

I know Dr Smith got some bad reviews but I've been going to her for years and haven't had any real trouble. I can remember one time she was a little short with me but every other visit has been pleasant. I'll also add that a lot of doctors don't like me because I ask a lot of questions and read everything I can about every condition I have and the different treatments. Most doctors don't like to be questioned or second guessed but Dr. Smith has always taken the time to explain everything and address all my concerns.I don't think much of her nurse. I think she just makes up numbers when she supposedly takes my blood pressure. Dr. Smith always has to retake it and she gets similar readings to what I get elsewhere.If I call in first thing in the morning I can almost always get an appointment the same day.

|  Sloppy  |  show details
by AllisonB on Oct 22nd, 2009

Not a terrible doctor, but has made enough mistakes with what should have been simple diagnoses that I would not go back. This is unfortunate, because I was looking for a good female doctor.

|  Worst dr. experiece I've ever had.  |  show details
by velinda on Jul 15th, 2009

She's never been the friendliest doctor, but I never imagined she could treat a patient the way she did me. Maybe she had a bad personal morning, but it's not an excuse for what happened at my annual exam appt. I was 5 mins late to the office. When they finally called me back like 25 mins later, she barged into the patient room angry and claiming i was 30 mins late. Each time i stated that I was in the waiting room on time, she interrupted and said 'no you were not'. She claimed she wouldn't have time for my pap nor my exam. She stormed off and she came back and stated that i had gone to the bathroom when i arrived without telling anyone. I had not. She again argued that I wasn't in the waiting room earlier. She was basically calling me a liar. I have never been treated so horribly by a Dr. for whatever reason she thought she had. I was so in shock and was literally in tears in front of her and she never apologized. She even learned that I was on time, the front desk just didn't take me back there. She got after the nurse and the front desk and never apologized to me. She offered to give my pap and she would just make the rest of her appts 30 mins late. I said no thanks that I was upset. She said she was also upset at the front office. I left the office in tears after spending about 45 mins in their office. I will not be going back. wow