Dr. Troy Dickinson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Troy Dickinson?

December 14th, 2016

The office staff has been very nice the few times I went in. Appointments are pretty easy to schedule and I've never had a terribly long wait. I have been a patient of Dr. Dickinsons for about a year. In the last 4 years I have been to see my PCP 5 times, 3 of those times have been with Dr. Dickinson (my old PCP closed an office and his other office was too far away to remain a patient). My first visit with Dr. Dickinson was required for me to join the practice and went great. The 2 times I went in with actual concerns Dr. Dickinson was very dismissive, spoke down to me, and was extremely arrogant including rolling his eyes TWICE while I was talking. Needless to say I am looking for a new doctor.

June 29th, 2016

Love Dr. Troy - he is personable, I can ask him anything, he's been my primary for years.

February 16th, 2016

Bring back the old doctors

DO NOT like these doctors, or are they really doctors, I don't think I will ever go back there , where are all the good the good doctors, this is why I don't go to the doctor. It's to bad Dr. Bilmes isn't here anymore, at least when you went to his office you saw the Doctor of your choice and not all these other people coming in one by one looking at you and calling themselves doctors, and dr Bilmes office was well organized ,the staff knew what they were doing!

May 3rd, 2015

Good doctors - bad place

Dr. Troy -good doctor in a bad office. Too many doctors, front desk staff incompetent and poorly trained. Medical assistants aren't really professionals, they just took a course and then become an assistant. They are low salaried workers. I do however trust Dr. Troy, if he suspects something, he sends me to a specialist asap. He is also understanding of my anxiousness when I am there.

August 29th, 2014

good doctor, bad place

I love Dr. Dickinson, however, he is caught up in poorly managed medical facility owned by Brookhaven Hospital. This is a medical mill with many doctors, and a staff at the desk that looks like they can't wait to go home. But don't let that dissuade you from seeing Dr. Troy. He is an excellent and knowledgeable doctor. I just with he would go back to private practice.

March 6th, 2014

Dr. Dickinson was a wonderful doctor until he got to involved with the residency program. The internes are terrible, they don't return calls, it sometimes takes weeks to get test results. Have to wonder how many patients have been injured by not getting test results.

September 10th, 2013

Luv Dr. Troy - hate the place

I think Dr. Dickinson is an excellent doctor caught up in a poorly managed medical mill. The office staff always look like they can't wait to go home, and some of them get annoyed if you ask too many questions. That whole group needs to be replaced. Brookhaven Hospital owns this place (any questions?) and unfortunately a good doctor like Dr. Troy has chosen to work here. He is knowledgeable, friendly and calming. I just wish he would go back to a private practice. Its very hard to get to see him. I think that he preferred to be a teacher rather than a doctor here. I guess sooner or later I will have to switch but I hope I can continue with him. Its just the clinic-type atmosphere about this office that I hate, and the girls that answer the phones are arrogant and rude. UGH

February 13th, 2013

Run Away Fast

Front staff is badly trained and does not know how to deal with patient complaints. The charts are NEVER accurate and shoddily kept. The medical staff is very uneven, ranging from a few good doctors to the most mediocre, i.e. Dr. Dickenson. The primary purpose of this practice is to train residents--it is NOT patient care. Go to a proper private practice instead, where the doctor is the same one you will always see and who knows who you are. Dickenson is smug, not particularly bright, and lazy--very dangerous combos for medicine! AVOID.

November 21st, 2012

Efficient

I really must say Dr Dickinson took exceptional care and interest in my health and my family's health. His asian resident physicians are all very good too

March 16th, 2012

Medical mill

I love Dr. Dickinson, however, since he has been in this facility, the place is run like a mill. You cannot get to see Dr. Dickinson anymore unless you pick one of the residents as your doctor, then he can oversee your care. I do not want a resident to be my primary care doctor. I don't feel that they have the experience I would require. They grab your copay the second you come in. Business as usual!

December 31st, 2011

diabetes expert

dr dickinson managed and still continues to take care of my diabetes (along with his junior doctors) better than any endocrinologists that i've seen over the past 20+ years. i like most of the staff there, especially hallowell and dr aggrawal. however, i do not recommend dr ramses, as she is the one who laughed and ignored at a problem that i wanted to discuss seriously. overall, an excellent practice.

September 30th, 2011

needs to increase his availability

we love troy, and some of his residents are really excellent, wished he had more open appointments!