Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Satisfied Customer/PT show details Satisfied Customer/PT
by Connie B on Jun 25th, 2015

Dr. Dowers likes to practice as he sees fit and spends a lot of time with me as I come in maybe 2x per year! I believe he is helping his patients by understanding them as an individual not just a population or diagnosis! This takes time and I am appreciative for all the time he has given me ! He is the only doctor @ St. Clare I see, and I will plan to follow him wherever he ends up, if that is in the state of MO.! Very blessed to know him! The staff here is rude, unprofessional, quick, apathetic, inefficient and generally uneducated!! I came to see him and Lendsy for their smiles and education, and I will not be returning to see any of the "left overs".

PATIENT for first time in 15 years !!! show details PATIENT for first time in 15 years !!!
by Karrie P. on May 20th, 2015

This doctor has, by far, the most wonderful demeanor ! Dr. Dowers is extremely knowledgeable about the most recent recommendations, and is not pushy, simply informs me of risks / benefit, and lets me decide what is right for me!! I am someone who has avoided doctors, mammograms, and pretty much anything regarding " maintenance" of my body. Dr. Dowers has changed my views in this department, as he feels as if I should value life, and take charge of preventing illnesses!! I agree, I matter , and he has changed my opinion of doctors from terrible to AMAZING!! (I think he is a salt-of-the earth kind of human being !!! :) I am overly satisfied !!!!!

Apr 30th, 2015

Wonderful temperament!! Listens to the patient !! All staff is rude!!

GREAT DR. show details GREAT DR.
by Tommy Seegers on Apr 16th, 2015

Best Dr. I have ever had

GREAT DOC!!! show details GREAT DOC!!!
by PATTY on Mar 23rd, 2015

Most efficient doctor I have had experience with. One that listens, cares, speaks when necessary and is not a PUSHER! My wife sent me, since that first appointment, I have referred everyone I know! Words can't express my feelings for this doctor! He is well versed in his recommendations and takes plenty of time with the individual not the diagnosis.

by Cindy W on Feb 4th, 2015

Great family doctor! I would highly recommend. So glad I chose to move our family to Dr. Dowers

NEW PATIENT show details NEW PATIENT
by Beverly on Jan 12th, 2015

A lovely man with a truly- caring heart. Much wisdom was shared by this doctor. I was made to feel like he had "all the time in the world" to discuss me !!!! I have found my Primary care for life.

Patient show details Patient
by Debbie on Aug 13th, 2014

Dr dowers has been our doc for 2 years!! He is always patient and kind....and always spot on with all information!! Great guy and even better MD. Girls who answer phones leave a little to be desired

PATIENT show details PATIENT
by NANCY DUNCAN on Aug 4th, 2014

WARM AND COMPASSIONATE DOCTOR. PROMPT ON TIME. WILL SEE AGAIN AND REFER MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS. SWEET SMILEY NURSE

Expected Better show details Expected Better
May 21st, 2014

Based on the other reviewers, I expected much more from Dr. Dowers as a physician. Was with this physician for a little over a year and I wish I would have switched sooner. He seemed to always kind of dance around problems, never really investigating causes, never ran a single blood test, never suggested referral for a specialty that was obviously needed. One appointment with a new PCP, and the referral was made to a necessary referral to a specialist. The specialist ran blood work, and what do you know, the results were ABNORMAL and I'm still being followed and treated by the specialty. I understand his rationale for his explanations, but they are generic, predetermined, and stereotypical; not truly taking the patient's particular situation and concerns into account. He talks and talks for so long, I often would just kind of sit there, nod and smile, quietly giving up on what I was actually trying to get addressed because I didn't want to keep him too long. The office staff ranged from satisfactory to rude. I will never go back.

Very knowledgable! show details Very knowledgable!
by Jessica D. on Oct 13th, 2013

Dr. Dowers was such a great listener! I have been struggling with a specific medical issue and this doctor figured it out when several specialists could not. I love him and his little sweet girl that works for him. I trust him with my health and my family's well-being!

Where did my doc go? show details Where did my doc go?
Nov 3rd, 2011

I had been seeing Dr. Dowers for the past 3 years and I called his office and they said he moved. Hate to change doctors again. He's the best doctor I've had. Caring, listens and smart. Anyone know where I can find him?

excellant show details excellant
by Anonymous on Nov 13th, 2010 on doctor.com

excellant

Read Full Review at doctor.com
by Dan on Nov 13th, 2010

Excellant, and I am hard to please. Whole family has switched to his office.

Pleasantly surprised/great experience show details Pleasantly surprised/great experience
by Anonymous on Nov 9th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Got referred to the office by a friend at work. Hard place to find, as it does not have great signs. Building nice and office very new appearing. St ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
keep up the good work show details keep up the good work
Jul 8th, 2010

i saw dr dowers at one of the same day clinics. he was very accommodating, knowledgeable and made me feel very comfortable. it was quite refreshing to see a actual md as opposed to a pa, no offense to the pa's but a md was comforting.

by Brad on Mar 30th, 2010

Thought Dr. Dowers was an excellent physician. He spent a lot of time going over my problem and my various treatment options. He made sure I understood everything that was going on before I left the office. His diagnosis was correct and I was ok a couple weeks later. I highly recommend him to anyone loooking for a smart and caring professional.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
by Rosie on Mar 29th, 2010

Dr. Dowers is and excellent doctor and by far the best bedside manner I've ever seen. I have been in poor health all my life and have seen a lot of doctors for different things but I have never met such a professional, kind and caring man. My whole family now goes to him and they are all extremely pleased. I just wish I would have met him a long time ago.

Bill Burgess, patient show details Bill Burgess, patient
by Bill Burgess, Peoria, Az on Sep 30th, 2009

Dr. Dowers is by far the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever seen and I am 57 years old. He explained everything to me, answered all of my questions and was a very friendly and helpful man. I will reccomend Dr. Dowers to anyone. I have never been treated so well by a physician and he will be my physician as long as he will allow me to be. Bill Burgess, peoria, Az

Listens show details Listens
by Smoker on Aug 17th, 2009

It's been some time since a doctor actually listened to me. He wants me to quit smoking, I've tried before and was way too mean to everyone around me. We came up with a plan and a quit date that will fit into my busy schedule. I hope this time I'll stick to it. Dr. Dowers was motivating but not a nag like my last doctor.

Mar 22nd, 2009

fantastic really cares

I got lucky! show details I got lucky!
by Anonymous on Feb 21st, 2009

I am new to Arizona and had not had a chance to find a doctor when I got sick. I was seen at an urgent care and given a list of names of doctors in the area. I called Dr. Dowers' office and was given an appointmnet for two days later. His office is new and the staff are polite. He spent a considerable amount of time with me on the day of the visit and also called the urgent care to get results of lab tests. He made sure I had received the right medications and diagnosis. I was impressed with how detailed-oriented he is and how comfortable I was with the visit. He also made sure he answered all my questions before I left. I will be taking my kids and husband there from now on.