Family Physicians

1011 Bowles Ave
Ste 300
Fenton, MO 63026
636-496-5000
Locations and availability (15)

|  Expected Better  |  show details
May 21st, 2014

Based on the other reviewers, I expected much more from Dr. Dowers as a physician. Was with this physician for a little over a year and I wish I would have switched sooner. He seemed to always kind of dance around problems, never really investigating causes, never ran a single blood test, never suggested referral for a specialty that was obviously needed. One appointment with a new PCP, and the referral was made to a necessary referral to a specialist. The specialist ran blood work, and what do you know, the results were ABNORMAL and I'm still being followed and treated by the specialty. I understand his rationale for his explanations, but they are generic, predetermined, and stereotypical; not truly taking the patient's particular situation and concerns into account. He talks and talks for so long, I often would just kind of sit there, nod and smile, quietly giving up on what I was actually trying to get addressed because I didn't want to keep him too long. The office staff ranged from satisfactory to rude. I will never go back.

|  Very knowledgable!  |  show details
by Jessica D. on Oct 13th, 2013

Dr. Dowers was such a great listener! I have been struggling with a specific medical issue and this doctor figured it out when several specialists could not. I love him and his little sweet girl that works for him. I trust him with my health and my family's well-being!

|  Where did my doc go?  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2011

I had been seeing Dr. Dowers for the past 3 years and I called his office and they said he moved. Hate to change doctors again. He's the best doctor I've had. Caring, listens and smart. Anyone know where I can find him?

by Dan on Nov 13th, 2010

Excellant, and I am hard to please. Whole family has switched to his office.

|  keep up the good work  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2010

i saw dr dowers at one of the same day clinics. he was very accommodating, knowledgeable and made me feel very comfortable. it was quite refreshing to see a actual md as opposed to a pa, no offense to the pa's but a md was comforting.

by Brad on Mar 30th, 2010

Thought Dr. Dowers was an excellent physician. He spent a lot of time going over my problem and my various treatment options. He made sure I understood everything that was going on before I left the office. His diagnosis was correct and I was ok a couple weeks later. I highly recommend him to anyone loooking for a smart and caring professional.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by Rosie on Mar 29th, 2010

Dr. Dowers is and excellent doctor and by far the best bedside manner I've ever seen. I have been in poor health all my life and have seen a lot of doctors for different things but I have never met such a professional, kind and caring man. My whole family now goes to him and they are all extremely pleased. I just wish I would have met him a long time ago.

|  Bill Burgess, patient  |  show details
by Bill Burgess, Peoria, Az on Sep 30th, 2009

Dr. Dowers is by far the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever seen and I am 57 years old. He explained everything to me, answered all of my questions and was a very friendly and helpful man. I will reccomend Dr. Dowers to anyone. I have never been treated so well by a physician and he will be my physician as long as he will allow me to be. Bill Burgess, peoria, Az

|  Listens  |  show details
by Smoker on Aug 17th, 2009

It's been some time since a doctor actually listened to me. He wants me to quit smoking, I've tried before and was way too mean to everyone around me. We came up with a plan and a quit date that will fit into my busy schedule. I hope this time I'll stick to it. Dr. Dowers was motivating but not a nag like my last doctor.

Mar 22nd, 2009

fantastic really cares

|  I got lucky!  |  show details
by Anonymous on Feb 21st, 2009

I am new to Arizona and had not had a chance to find a doctor when I got sick. I was seen at an urgent care and given a list of names of doctors in the area. I called Dr. Dowers' office and was given an appointmnet for two days later. His office is new and the staff are polite. He spent a considerable amount of time with me on the day of the visit and also called the urgent care to get results of lab tests. He made sure I had received the right medications and diagnosis. I was impressed with how detailed-oriented he is and how comfortable I was with the visit. He also made sure he answered all my questions before I left. I will be taking my kids and husband there from now on.