Dr. Troy Lam MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.3

September 9th, 2013
Poor Ethics
Dr. Lam needs to sweeten up. I realize the rigors of being a doctor in a hospital can be quite taxing at times, but that's still NO excuse for being rude, arrogant and disrespectful to the patient (my father) too me, and too my other siblings who were brushed off and made fools out of by Dr. Lam's icy, arrogant disposition. El Camino Hospital is touted so highly of its caring, advanced and loving care. NOT! I'll give kudos to most of the nursing staff at El Camino, but Dr. Lam is a pill!

August 15th, 2013
As a Hospitalist...
What was most memorable about this doctor was that my neurologist arranged for him to meet me at the hospital at a certain time, as this was an emergency admission , and he was not there, nor did he show up until that evening, several hours later! He also under-medicated me for an infection while I was in the hospital, which caused the infection to return later with a vengeance! Dr. Lam spent less than three minutes per day with me during five days of hospitalization, then sent a very large bill to my insurance company which they refused to pay ( he claimed to be one of their in-network providers, which he was not). Really, he contributed nothing to my hospital stay or my recovery, and I could have done better without him.