Dr. Troy Lowell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

December 5th, 2016
this dr has the bedside manner of a troll....I had a knee replacement in June and have continuously been telling him about the pain and swelling I am still having. I am in more pain now then before the surgery...I have to take pain meds on a daily basis which is something I was told I wouldn't have to do. And they refuse to give them to me. I have to go through my regular dr because Dr Lowell and his assistant Nancy both told me that after the surgery they give pain meds maybe up to six weeks. They have taken one set of XRays of my knees and did a couple of tests to make sure there was no infection. And I have been told that is as far as they would take it.. They refused to give me any information on the knee they put in my body at all. If I were a patient looking for someone to work on me I would run far and fast away from this man...He walks into the room like he owns the world...

November 21st, 2016
A rarity nowadays, a day that spend a time with you! Even talks to you on the phone. I have been using Dr Lowell since 2000 and he is my only choice for joint surgery.

November 7th, 2016
Thank you Dr. Lowell
You did a great job on my husband's tkr.You have been kind,honest and gentle.No other doctor wanted to touch his knee after a botched pcl surgery.you got in there and fixed it...thank you.We would recommend you if anyone needs a tkr.

June 16th, 2016
I recommend you research him by asking other patients before going. This man, because I refuse to categorize him or respect him by calling him a doctor, never touched me outside of a hand shake, never asked me to bend, twist, reach, or any other assessment criteria to conclude his findings, but had the audacity to say I was ok. My injuries where extensive and his loyalties are not to the patients. He works for workers comp because if he didn't, he wouldn't have a practice due to malpractice. So, if workers comp sends you to him, you already know it won't be good.

April 26th, 2016
Very pleased
A very nice doctor and the staff was very sweet. It is the first doctor's office I have EVER been in where it was like a "family" atmosphere ! Have not yet had surgery by this Doctor, but will in the future !

January 4th, 2016
week 1 I experienced sharp pains after having a fusion L4-L5. When I told his PA about this I was told it was still early in my recovery. week 2 I still had sharp stabbing pain that was getting worse. I was given more medications and told it would be better with time. week 3 I was in so much pain I had to go to the ER several times and cried all the time I was told about this other women who complained and he did all this expensive test for nothing. Week 4 I was in so much pain the pain medication was increased again. The doctor told my husband I was a drama queen and a drug seeker. He finally ordered a myelogram which show that the screw was in the nerve. which was a second surgery. He never apoligied for his comment. I would never go to him again or recommend him to anyone. I still have pain every day worse then it was.

December 15th, 2015
Bad reviews?? Not sure what others are talking about
This was my second visit to Dr Lowell in 2 years - suffering with accurate pain each time, the office staff was exceptional and provided me an immediate appointment. Dr Lowell was professional, prompt and courteous. My wait time was less than 15 minutes. I am not a staff member but a patient. Having experienced another orthopedist in Ocala who's staff would not give me an appointment for 10 days, and did not even return phone messages, I found Dr Lowell's office to be a breath of fresh air !

December 10th, 2015
Negligent, fraud, treated me like less than a human. I would not recommended him to any one.

November 24th, 2015
five star all the way

August 19th, 2015
Would not recommend
Absolutely the worst physician I've ever went to. Agree with a previous post whoever posting positive experience is from his staff or he does it himself under different emails. He refused to review my MRI disk, doctors evaluations of me and his opinion of my medical diagnosis inaccurate. It was not based on objective medical evidence, tests or anything. I've never experienced this before. He appeared very shady.

July 29th, 2014
Terrible experience
Rushed through examination, misdiagnosed me, definately would not go back. Whoever writes a good review is from his staff or himself as he is the absolute worst doctor I ever experienced.

February 3rd, 2014
Thank you !
Dr. Troy D. Lowell, thank you for the excellent care of my mother. Your kindness and promptness along with the emergency surgery that you preformed on my mother Ruth Grodi was amazing. You stayed late during the holiday time and worked into the evening to help her by preforming a fractured hip surgery. My family and I are truly grateful. You have restored my believe in the medical system with doctors.