Dr. Troy Vaughn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Troy Vaughn?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 2nd, 2017

Worst Doctor visit in my life.

Very unprofessional. We went in with DR. Vaughn's office being highly recommend by a family member. We experienced every thing bad as stated previously in the reviews with the exception of the Nurse Practitioner being rude. He was great and we really like him. The Dr. Himself was the problem. If you want a doctor to discuss a treatment plan with you, go else where. He went over the problem very throughly however we were told with his back to us as he walked away something about injections and surgery. We were left confused and dumb founded. Told the nurse we didn't understand what was going on and she laughed and told us to ask the lady that does scheduling about the treatment. She evidently has "notes". She was unable to answer our questions. We ended up leaving. We will be going else where. I've heard that similar experiences have happened with other people. The worse experience ever with a doctor.

September 26th, 2016

Waste of time

Went to see him the day of my appointment after waiting just a few days shy of a month after being referred to him was informed my appointment was rescheduled to a month later with no notice and no letter I took off work to see this man and was turned away lets just say that the incompetence of his staff has made me wonder about him and I have already made a appointment for another doctor and Dr Vaughn will not be seeing me under his knife

April 28th, 2016

The doctor was nice but his office staff was very rude . They never return your calls. The length of time it takes to get in was long .

August 19th, 2015

Exceptional Service...

As a patient of Dr. Vaughn for ten years, I've found his staff, PA, Nurse Pract, and DR Vaughn himself to be the best Neuro-Surgeon in a 100 mile radius. His office is very busy considering there are only 3 neurosurgeons to cover that 100 mile radius. I might have waited longer than expected for my apt, but when I was taken back to the room I received the upmost care from all of his providers. I also had disability forms that needed to be completed, and had to pay 20.00 for the forms to be completed, and thought that was absolutely normal, bc all doctors Ive ever been to charge for this type of service. I understand everyone is in pain that comes to DR Vaughns office, and I was with my neck. But I also know that when a Neurosurgeon is on call, and they take care of serious accidents, brain bleeds, brain tumors and gunshot wound, they were far my serious than mine. I would server my pain.. People are always quick to judge, on how they didn't see the doctor, but everything the PA and Nurse PR actioner speak with you about, are all reviewed with DR Vaughn before the plan of care is made. This clinic has two secretaries, that take care many duties, receiving over 200 calls on a daily basis, receive a large amount of referral, and see clinic patients everyday... So before your quick to judge a medical clinic, realize they are people just like me and you, and are not just sitting around partying. Thanks

October 16th, 2013

After being diagnosed with a brain tumor, I saw Dr. Vaughn only twice. While this review, in all fairness, is not so much about Dr. Vaughn but his PA. The PA that he has is rude, has no compassion and is an all out *sshole. Dr. Vaughn has a warmer personality and I appreciated his work, however, throughout my 4 days in ICU I was only seen by the PA and not Dr. Vaughn. You also don't get to see Dr. Vaughn after your follow up because after he operates he is done with you. I absolutely had the WORSE ICU nurses ever @ Rapides. In fact, I had to formally complain after I was moved to a room on the floor because the nurse found LOTS of medication that was documented that I was given, but of coarse was not!!! They even asked me what kind of meds they were. Are you kidding me...I just had brain surgery. And I did not appreciate the ICU nurse stating "we have to get you weaned off the pain meds" . Really??? Let me see anyone have the surgery I had and not be hurting. Again, Dr. Vaughn is a great surgeon but his staff, PA and choice of hospital are horrible. If my tumor ever comes back, I will find another surgeon for sure.

February 26th, 2013

Pain taken care of...

After seeing our Mother in pain for the last 10 or so yrs,this man gave her life back.She is totally pleased with his work can't say the same for the hospital she was in.Very poor bedside manners and very poor staffing.Dr Vaugh was very prompt at his work and our family thanks him a great deal..

January 22nd, 2012

Poor Attitude of Staff

It is difficult to rate Dr. Vaughn because after waiting for one month in horrific pain, I did not get to see him. I saw his PA, who asked me why didn't I call if I wanted a steroid injection, as I was being led to the exam room. I came to see THEM for what I needed. Then I found out that they lost my first MRI (the one that they refused to schedule, but told me I should bring one. A chiropractor finally scheduled one for me). I have been suffering all through the holidays with pinched nerve and sciatic pain. You only get an appointment after talking to his nurse, who you talk to only on voice mail. After the visit, I was to be scheduled for another MRI and injection. It has been 10 days and my MRI and injection have not yet been scheduled. In the meantime, I have found a new Dr. in Shreveport, 150 miles away. Dr. Vaughn did cervical surgery on me 4 years ago and it was fine, however his staff have no compassion on anyone.

March 28th, 2011

simply the best in central louisiana

January 23rd, 2011

I am a workman's comp patient who went in for one injury and was told I ahad to be treated for another old injury before I could be released back to work. The additional treatment was denied by workman's comp and the doctor still refuses to release me back to work after surgery. I only saw his PA for follow-up. They do not return phone calls for days on end. Therapy still has not been set up 4 weeks later. No, I am not happy with the doctor. I have only seen him once.

October 11th, 2010

I believe I received the very best of care from Dr. Vaughn. He was very knowledgable and also very caring. The only thing I can say that would be an improvement is that after surgery for my follow up appts., I have not seen him. But I have still received excellent care.

January 6th, 2010

ovrall review of Dr Vaughn

My husbands appointment was at 11:30. We were finally called into his office around 1:00. He only spent a minimal amount of time with us considering my husband had been in severe pain for weeks. When asked to fill out a physicians report so we could begin his diability we were told that his patients came first. What were we? I took over a week to get the paper filled out and then were charged a fee in order to fill out the form. This was very disturbing and really caused some serious doubts in our confidence in him as a compassionate doctor. His office seemed to care more about money than the wellfare of his patients.

December 1st, 2009

You always have to leave a message because not even his secretary has the time to talk to you. If they call back it may not be for a couple days.Even getting your records transferred to another doctor from his office seem to take a couple weeks. Maybe the fax machine is too complicated.