Ease of Appointment
Spends Time with Me
Follows Up After Visit
Front end office staff - rude on the phone and rude in person. Not a single person greeted us. We were the only ones there and they still treated us like a number.
Medical assistant - did not greet us; did not introduce herself and I had to finally get her name and her role when she started putting her hands on my baby. I asked her in the future she should introduce herself and what she does to parents.
Dr.Trupti Patel - I felt rushed, this was our first visit and our baby is 3 days old but the doctor was not interested in making us feel at ease. She made us feel paranoid with our questions rather than just concerned parents that are aspiring to be well-informed parents.
I am a physician myself (she did not know that) and I really hope she reads my review because her bedside manners are AWFUL!
1. When she puts the stethoscope on, baby cries and she goes "Oh great already". when she starts her exam she suspends the baby with her arms (this is fine and it is part of the exam) but she should preface it with what she is about to do. Instead when my wife looked nervous, DR. Patel says "WELL, it was tight in your stomach when she was in there wasn't it?".
2. refused to answer our questions on vaccination.
3. not interested in building a rapport.
4. more interested in making us come back next week.
5. we asked when should we start using diaper rash cream..She puts her arms out and says with attitude "When she gets a rash". I believe we asked a reasonable question because many docs recommend using a little prophylactically.
I can't remember it all now but I am not going back.
Good luck if you do. Maybe you won't mind being treated like a number or like a paranoid parent.