Dr. Tsai Chao Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Tsai Chao?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

March 28th, 2015

you need to wait at least 2 hours to see him, and he did not really know what is going on.

September 24th, 2014

PAIN RELIEVER

If you have been in continues chronic pain, my family and I would highly recommend a visit with Dr. Chao. We can only say that our pain was relieved after several visits. I was referred by a good friend and I have brought in several family members. The treatment package that they put together really works. Don't be turned away by the cover of the book...go in and experience the contents. Please visit with an open mind, clairty on your health condition, your goal, and respect of cultural differences. If you can do this the end result will be pleasing.

September 2nd, 2014

(correction on the previous post)

On the last line I meant to say... " If you have been experiencing some form of pain, and none of your doctors have been able to figure out what is happening, then go see Dr. Tsai Chao. His staff WILL figure it out!"

September 2nd, 2014

Dr. Tsai Chao and staff are the best in the business!!!

For approximately 2 years I have had pain in my back, and my right shoulder, not to mention that my right thigh would go numb after only walking 4-5 blocks. I went to Montefiore to get checked and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. They even had me go for MRI scans, etc. and still didn't know. I finally went to NYU Hospital of Joint Diseases, where they found I had 3 herniated discs. They tried treating me but nothing worked. I was so fed up, and was about to give up, that I decided to search the web one last time. This is when I found Dr. Tsai Chao and I am so greatfull. I have been going to his 20th Street location for about month. I was first seen by his assistant, Dr. Song, who knew immediately what to do. On the following week I went in and meet their receptionist, Yuki, who I might add was a pleasure to meet. She is friendly, courteous and very professional. She had me start my treatment with Mr. Devesh-Physical Therapist, followed with acupuncture by Mr. James and finally a massage by Mr. Who. What a trio. I would not change them for the world. They are not only professional, and knowledgable, but friendly. In fact, their entire staff are awesome, especially Amy, who is actually the first one I spoke with. She is the one who is responsible for making sure I was able to see Dr. Chao office by constantly calling my insurance for authorization! Thank you Amy! I can honestly say that these sessions have actually work. I am now able to experience some quality of life. If you have been experiencing some form of pain, and none of your doctors have been able to figure out what is happening, then go see Dr. Tsai Chao. His stall WILL figure it out!

September 2nd, 2013

He knows his stuff that can only come from experience...

I been running around from doctors to so called experts to so called recommended specialists for my back pain and NONE explained my problem, explained the possible causes, what I can do about it, what my options are, what types of treatments are available, and more importantly the pure facts about the state of my condition. I needed a straight talking well learned and experienced doctor and Dr. Chao is that. The less glowing aspects pertain to the facility and office waiting period: Be prepare to wait for hours at his office (I had 2 experiences when my office appointment with him was on time--weekdays afternoon are the less busy), that's because he spends as much time with each patient as needed. He does not operate by the clock; patience are not herded through on a 15 minute cycle. I make a whole day trip out of my visits with Dr. Chao: I check-in, assess the waiting period, give them my cell phone number to call when my turn is close and I head out to have lunch or dinner or shop--the office is surrounded by prime eatery and shopping businesses (main office is located on 20th Street between Park Ave. and Broadway/5th Ave.) so plenty of things to do while waiting outside the office. I don't get annoy about the long waiting period anymore as he's taking his time helping someone in need and I make good use of the waiting period with my little excursions. The other less glowing feature is the simple unadorned facility: chairs are not comfortable for me, another reason why I don't wait in the waiting room, and other than the doctor's office/examination room, all the treatment rooms are shared with other patients. Privacy is managed by dividing curtains between patients. It is practical use of space, absolutely no fluff. The setting might be a shocker, even a turn off for westerners; at first my dire need for relief made me stuck it out, now I'm not bothered by the practicality. Focus, focus, getting better is my objective--I'm there to get better, not for the decoration. I've been using Dr. Chao for decades for various conditions. He is a pain specialist, so you don't go to him for a general check up or cancer treatment. You go to him to remedy specific pains and physical conditions. If he can help you with his expertise, he'll take you on; if he cannot not, he'll let you know.

July 30th, 2013

A great, human doctor

My wife went to Dr. Chao with an injured back from an automobile accident, after she had tried several other professionals. Dr. Chao, who was a back surgeon in China before he immigrated to New York, proved to be one of the greatest doctors she or I have ever met. He listened, he understood, and he prescribed an approach that included physical therapy, massage and accupuncture, in addiction to having her wear a brace. When the auto insurance ran out, Dr. Chao decided to see her for free for 3 months. He and all the doctors under him in his 20th Street clinic worked for free. I will never forget this wise and human doctor. You won't go wrong if you go with him.

February 1st, 2013

The best facility I have ever been to

The offices are nothing fancy, don't expect flashy paintings or expensive furniture. Just a waiting room with some firm chairs and perhaps one softer couch. But, it isn't the decor that you go for, Dr. Chao spends time with each patient so it may take a little time to be seen. But, it is so worth it, as he is kind and extremely knowledgeable in his field. A former surgeon, Dr. Chao believes in working with alternative medicine and avoids surgery unless it is absolutely necessary. Physical therapy and acupuncture is offered in the establishment. The other doctors are also very good and patient when you are having a problem. Even the staff takes time to help you when you have a special request. I have only great things to say about this establishment.

March 28th, 2012

The most caring doctor ever

I went to this doctor with so much pain in the back and right shoulder. I waited a solid time to see this doctor but found out later on, that it was totally worth it. He is the most caring and patient doctor I have ever seen. He took over a hour to explain my condition and discuss several treatments with me. After one treatment, I felt much better. Even though, the receptionist is not very friendly, I would still highly recommend this doctor.

June 14th, 2010

Another Doctor

I am a physician myself trained by doctor chao. I am proud to say you cant get a better doctor. Dr chao will take on any problem and offer the most complete patient care of any doctor I have ever worked with. Not only is he likeable and somewhat famous in his neighborhood but his chinatown office offers MRI, CT, US, Xray, EMG, various injections, acupuncture, therapy and god knows what else. Best doctor I ever worked with.

April 28th, 2016