Dr. Tuan Doan MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 12th, 2017
Personable
Easy to book appointments. Takes his time with patients. Great guy. Excellent staff.

July 11th, 2016
After waiting several weeks for a response to 3 my calls regarding bloodwork that was completed at the request of Dr. Doan I am giving up on this Doctor. He either doesn't care about his patients or is incompetent. I am not sure but hoping it is not caring rather than incompetent.

November 14th, 2015
Dr. Doan. Understands that patients that have had back surgery aren't pain free. He trusts his patients and they trust him.

June 13th, 2015
Dr. Doan has been my primary for almost 13 years. I respect and appreciate him completely

December 25th, 2014
Dr. Tuan Doan dumping his patients!!!
Dr. Doan was my primary for over 10 years so I have a pretty good understanding of the care he provides. First I have thyroid issues, rheumatoid arthritis, & fibromyalgia. I was seeing him 1x a month until one Monday I went in for my regular medicine check & he was no longer with Sutter Medical Group! No one knew what was going on, just that he was there before the weekend then never showed up again. It's now 6 months later all my specialists dropped me (lack of primary) & I still haven't found a primary doctor. I feel it was extremely inconsiderate, poor decision making, and lack of empathy on "Doctor" Tuan Doans part. Just my 2 cents.

June 12th, 2013
SHAME ON YOU!
Dr. Doan has been my PCP for almost 15 years. I am not a sick person, RARELY do I need to see a doctor. I last saw A NURSE PRACTIONER at Dr. Doan's office in 2009. Recently I injured my back and finally accepted the fact I need to call for an appointment to see Dr. Doan to start the process of treatment. When I contacted the office to make an appointment I was told that I was "no longer an established patient and I cannot make an appointment at this time" (due to no contact since 2009) I have NEVER been contacted by Dr. Doan's office informing me of this policy. (As a matter of fact I was never informed of when they changed locations years ago...) If I knew of this policy I probably would have made more effort to stay in contact. JUST BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE!! Since when do PCP's have the right to penalize you for being healthy? HORRIBLE!!! Thanks for sending me off to Urgent Care, Dr. Doan - I have now joined the ranks of so many of my fellow citizens that are geting the shaft from their assigned PCP's who once had an"established" connection to a doctor they could count on in a time of great need...You won...you will NEVER see me again...maybe you should wise up and be more upfront with your patients about your "established patient" policy!

April 5th, 2013
icu RN
super nice doctor,had him for 9 years.,Unfortunatly on the ninth year I actually used him as a doc,the previous 8 years ,I only needed him to refill my asthma meds.On the 9th year he misdiagnosed me 3 times.I found this out when I went to 3 specialist for 3 major problems all of which Dr doan misdiagnosed.He said I had cancer when I didn't,Also he said a large tumor that was making it very difficult to walk except at that time,he said it could wait for many months to be removed(the specialist,2 of them disagreed)Also a stomach issue he was wrong on.I hope I am the exception,but I have to be honest and let people know he screwed up with me.I would still recomend him over some other docs.At least give him a try.If he makes a mastake then find someone else.maybe he was just having a bad month.

December 15th, 2016