Dr. Tuan Hoang-Xuan DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 16th, 2016
I'm very glad to have found this place. I really felt that Dr. Hoang is there to help you in the best way possible. He saw my issue and immediately empathized with me and tried to help me fix my condition as quickly as he could. He doesn't waste his time or your time. I went to another dermatologist before and they prescribed medicine that was too weak or wrong for my skin type--it was a complete waste of money and time. Wish I found pacific coast dermatology sooner!

October 13th, 2016
Used yelp to find this dermatologist and boy was I glad! Dr Hoang put me at ease,he is personable and funny. The staff is friendly and really helped to turn a stressful visit into a positive one. Thank you guys! I will definitely be returning

September 12th, 2016
It's always a pleasure seeing dr. Hoang and his staff. He is quick and efficient, explains everything in detail and with a sense of humor. He is always happy to teach you what you need to know to take great care of any of your skin care needs!

July 5th, 2016
Great Dermatologist!
Dr. Hoang has been a great choice for my dermatology needs. I have been a patient of his for many years and have even brought my children to him. I have the utmost respect for him and also feel obligated to praise his abilities. His professionalism and his ACTUAL care for his patients sincerely blows me away and makes the whole experience of needing a doctor much smoother and less stressfull. Everyone knows that when one needs a doctor, the stress of the situation can be tasking. Dr. Hoang has an ability to make one feel at ease. I have had great results from his treatments and his advice. If you are reading this and considering Dr. Hoang as your next choice for your dermatology needs, please call and make an appointment. Boy did that sound like a commercial, yet I am typing from the heart. I in no way like to make doctors appointments, (who does?), but every appointment with Dr. Hoang has been above measure. When I brought my baby girl to him with some serious skin rashes, he first was able to calm Daddy down and then was able to diagnose and treat my daughter as if she has always known him. His ability and calmness help solidify my confidence in him. I have been very pleased with the staff as well. Everyone in the office is very pleasant and I must say the office is very nice as well.

May 9th, 2016
He is the best and his staff makes you feel so comfortable...

March 8th, 2016
Senior Female
On my first visit about 2 years ago, I tolerated this doctor's defensive friendliness. I've had basal cell carcinoma for many, many years and over the years have had other very good experienced, knowledgeable, polite and expedient doctors. This doctor continues to insist I need this and that questionable treatment. He forces me to sign wavers for a simple procedure. He insists I need this cut and that cut. I had a negative result once and he insisted on doing that procedure again, on the same part of my arm, wth the same negative result and that did NOT heal over ONE YEAR! This was NOT necessary. Does he just want to make money? . .He refuses to treat me for a plain freezing of a small, 1/2 inch size basal cell red spot .. .claiming he needs more waivers to be signed. He claims I'm too old to have more than one procedure a day . . THIS is hogwash. When asked to treat me for a simple procedure he refused 3 x and then actually told me to find another doctor. I will not go into more detail the humiliating way I was treated. And all the while I sat in his office I heard the personnel talk about a subpoena being served. . and that really worried me. I will not return there . . after being told I was harassing "HIM"?? This is nuts! He is afraid of lawsuits, why is that???. .I don't understand why. But now I just wonder. It's too bad. He seemed like a nice person but several slaps on my back on top of my bandages did not feel good either. . and he did this 3-4 times . . not so good. Sorry, I'm sure other people of the same background have a different experience . . I guess birds of a feather stick together and I must be a bird of a different kind .. .

January 25th, 2016
I went into this doctor to have a few skin tags removed. Didn't hurt except for the few minor injections of lidocaine to numb the area which was to be expected. Luckily, there was no visible scarring. Pricing for the skin tag removals was very generous since this doctor doesn't charge per tag, but simply does all of them in an area for a flat price. The doctor is funny and very easy to talk to. He noticed a cyst on my back, and I made an appointment 3 weeks later. The surgery for the cyst was fairly quick and again didn't hurt at all even though he had to make a deep incision on my back. His stitches are top notch, and healed extremely well. The scarring is minimal and everything looks as if nothing happened.

September 21st, 2015
As always I am very happy with Dr. Hoang as well as the staffs at Pacific Coast Dermatology. I'm glad Dr. Hoang was recommended to me and now I have recommended him to my friends as well. My wait time was maybe 15-20 minutes and the care I got was worth that wait time. After he was done taking a biopsy of my nose and top of my head, his nurses told me what had to be done and took me out to the appointment desk in order to make a follow up visit. Always have pleasant time from this office and doctor and feel I got very good treatment

July 17th, 2015
I had the occasion to visit 2 different dermatology office regarding a medical procedure (Mohs surgery for basel cell carcinoma on my nose). The first office seemed to rush patients through and didn't allow time to answer questions or make me feel confident in their expertise. I followed the recommendation of a friend to visit Pacific Coast Dermatology. What a difference! Dr. Hoang asked questions, listened to me, and took the time to answer mine. When I had the surgery, Dr. Hoang allayed my fears and took steps to minimize any discomfort. All of the staff members appeared to be capable and concerned for my well being. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Hoang to my friends.

June 12th, 2015
After going to tons of dermatologist, I finally found a great one. Highly recommended..

June 11th, 2015
Great Dermatologist!
This is my very first time meeting Dr. Hoang and his staffs, and I have to say this...Dr. Hoang is one of the kindest doctors I've ever met! His staffs are also very friendly . After completing the initial "new" patient paperwork, I was called right in. He actually told me, "thank you for being patience with me." He asked me questions about my issue and concern and spent a good amount of time to go over my concerns. He gave me samples and coupons for some of my prescriptions! Wow! He is very engaging, and I could tell that he genuinely cares for his patients and he ensures the best treatment for his patients. He really put me at ease. As we all know too well, finding a specialist is like spinning the big doctor Wheel of Fortune. You just never know who you're going to get. There are way too many doctors who treat you like a number--not Dr. Hoang! I'm so happy that I found him! This office is great!

May 8th, 2015
Great doctor and great office staff.