Rheumatologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Patient  |  show details
by Michele R. on Nov 4th, 2013

I was with him for over 2 years, on Malaria medication and when I wanted to get a 2nd opinion on my Lupus he got mad and said if I did I could no longer be his patient. I am so glad that after 2 years of telling him I do not have lupus, that I finally got another Dr. that confirmed that I in fact I only had 1 out of 11 markers to confirm any lupus. You need 4 out of 11 markers to be considered to have it! He ruined my life for 2 years taking medicine that made me sick, and having to stay home for fear of leaving the house with the reactions that I had from the medication. His mannerisms leave a lot to be desired and after that miss diagnosis I wish I would have sued him!

|  Dr. Jianu is the best!!  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2010

I was so shocked to see the previous reviews. I have been seeing Dr. Jianu for over 3 years. I have seen a few local Rheumatolgists previously and they can't even compare to Dr. Jianu's compassion and thoroughness. I was diagnosed with RA 13 years ago and have never felt this good. He fixed the previous doctors mistakes and got me on a great regimen. The office staff is always pleasent and helpful. His main nurse is wondeful and is always willing to go the extra mile for the patients. I hate to see negative comments about Dr. Jianu and his nurse. I can guarantee you would be a pleased as I am, for whatever reason the other people just didn't have their expectations met. To each his own.

|  Rude, and insensitive  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2009

I have been undergoing treatment for RA for 1 and 1/2 years. I recently moved here and need to seek care from a new doctor. This doctor talked over me. He suggested that my previous doc was "old" and didn't know what he was talking about. He said that I was not sick and the only way he could be sure was for me to stop all medications, (Enbrel, Methotrexate, and NSAIDs) and see if what I "really look like". I'm 33 and the RA has not deformed my bones as of yet, so on the outisde I do look normal. But for him to dismis my pain and insult my doctor, and follow with requesting I allow crippling to occur was insane! Do not use this doctor.

|  doesnt listen..poor staff..made to feel like I was being difficult  |  show details
by Scott on Jul 14th, 2009

I found Dr Jianu Tudor was more interested in talking over me than listening to me since he often interrupted mid sentence while I tried to say something. He told me once that he had patients that were a lot sicker than I was (Then I had a kidney transplant about 6 months later) He questioned my nephrologists and other doictors' willingness to give me a transplant since I have Lupus even though it is what saved my life. I recall trying to talk to him about my depression from being sick and losing my strength as kidney disease slowly eroded my body and he questioned what reason I had to be depressed. We miscommunicated about how often I needed to see him. He made a comment about whether I needed to be followed up so much since he and everyone knew I have Lupus already. I took it as him not wanting to see much of me especially coupled with his comment about his sicker patients. He is by no means intentionally rude but my experience was poor at best and judging from reviews I've seen my assesmnent doesn't seem to be an anomaly. His head office nurse is difficult to deal with. It sorta depends on what day you reach her I suppose. I've been sick since I was 18 and am 37 now. I've never ever once had a nurse or doctor refuse to order labs for me that I requested. She insisted that the doctor didn't want to see me until a certain date and she would not 'go out on the limb' and 'risk' doing labs for me. What does that even mean? My nephrologist was shcoked and he immediately ordered what I needed so I could share the info with the transplant team that was in another state. Being a kidney transplant patient with Lupus I have seen a multitude of doctors and nurses in my time. There are certainly other choices out there to choose from. I was made to feel like I was being the 'difficult patient' yet I think I am an easy enough person to deal with. This is simply an account of my experience. Maybe I'm wrong but I know that there are plently of doctors to choose from. If anyone has ever felt like I have you should know that there are more fish in the sea, choose a doctor and nursing staff that makes you feel the way you want to be treated seeing as you are the one's paying their bills.