Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive), Hepatologist
3535 W 13 Mile Rd
Suite 202
Royal Oak, MI 48073
248-551-0900
Locations and availability (8)

3.0

|  Felt at ease  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2014

Made me very comfortable and helped me understand both my fears and his diagnosis. Dr. Desai helped me not only change my diet but my life. I'm eating better and with that said I'm also feeling better.

|  Astute  |  show details
by Diane S. on Oct 26th, 2013

I am on the opposite end of the other reviewer. I had a terrible stomach condition for over 20 years and had seen numerous Dr's who suggested a colonscopy first and then because it showed nothing, suggested this or that which were obvious things I had tried many times at my own attempt to feel better and they all said 'watch your diet" Are you kidding me, give me a diet. I weighed 100 pounds as it was. Dr. Desai was the ONLY Dr. who actually really listened and asked me about 100 questions about my diet, eating schedule etc, and as I gave him answers, he asked me questions about those. I was amazed. At the end, he assured me that there are so many different stomach issues, but he suggested mine may be a digestive problem and gave me specific foods to avoid, times to eat, how much etc. That was in May of 2010 and I thank God for him everyday. While I was waiting in his waiting room to see him for the first time, another lady went on and on about how he had helped her after 5 years and many other Dr's also. So another feather in his cap, plus a friend I sent who can't thank me enough. So, after reading the other review, I felt I had to stand up for Dr. Desai based on these 3 experiences.

|  DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2012

DR Desai is one of the most umempathetic doctors I ever met. When you try to explain what is wrong he constantly interruots and talks down to to you. Heaven forbid you have to reschedule a procedure with him. I called to reschedule a endoscopy due to a conflict with work. This was 6 weeks before the procedure date. Then under the advisement of my primary care doctor I called back to ask if I could have an colonoscopy added when the endescopy was done. HIS OFFICE STAFF told me yes but I would have to come in for 1 more cosultation before it could be added. When I came for the consultation Dr. Desai was FURIOUS. He called my primary doctor to berate him about adding this procedure then told me that If I schedule a procedure that I MUST show up without rescheduling. He then told me that if I did not like that I could just leave. I LEFT.