Dr. Ty Affleck MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

June 6th, 2016
No desire to help, wouldn't listen and follow up was the worst I have ever had
Went in to address a few things. Was not taken seriously. It took a total of 15 minutes from the time I entered the office to leaving to get blood drawn. I addressed a total of 4 concerns and heard back on only one and it was half an answer. Totally felt like I was not listened to or no desire to even help me. the follow up was terrible in the fact that the office called and said they will mail the blood results and if I had any ?'s that I should call. The nurse should have called and touched on all the issues and questions that I had at the appointment. Waste of time and money. I will be taking my results elsewhere and let the Dr know that referred me to this place that it was not a good place to go to.

January 25th, 2013
Wrong diagnosis. Off by a long shot. Stick to watching kids play sports and apply ice. In reality it was not my back, rather my hip and one leg a 1/2 shorter than the other. Go figure he did not measure after 4 visits.

March 7th, 2012
great service, great care
The question should be; how long was the appointment(1/2 hour!)You can tell he loves what he does. I had various nagging running problems when I went to see him. He thoroughly checked me out, told me what the problems were, what to do, and gave me handouts of stretches and exercises and it all worked! And I didn't have to stop running!

September 7th, 2011
He never touched me during the exam, did a wrong diagnosis.
He never touched me during the exam, did a wrong diagnosis.This was the first time Dr. Affleck was available, I declined having Nancy Ladimer nurse practitioner, (who I saw before & who was prickly & closed mouth after promising to answer any question WHEN DONE; when half way done with exam, instead of answering questions, she rushed out).Symptoms: pain in abdomen, to left of belly button, not sensitive when probed (by me.) pain radiating to the rear, and sometimes down to the groin. Often level 7 of 10 pain.my questions that I didn't have a chance to ask: what does this mean? kidney stone? He thinks diverticula, recommended a colonoscopy, & I feel rubber stamped, ignoring me completely for 20 min in sight & sound of me, then did a grandstand false hearty/ buddy buddy routine.Diagnosed and confirmed later with a CT scan to be 7 kidney stones, two of which were in the ureter. the rest in the kidney.Since then I've passed Three kidney stones: 8.4mm, 3mm, and 9.1mm, lab tests show them to be Calcium Oxalate.I know, everyone makes mistakes, and who knows how his day was.

June 15th, 2011
Absolutely the best
I have a difficult pain disorder and Dr. Affleck has saved me. He is brilliant at explaining complex problems in a compassionate manner. If you have any movement problems, he is brilliant at explaining them and suggesting methods for improvement. Great staff, too.

January 15th, 2010
The Extra Mile
Dr. Affleck has a special sense of what a patient wants to hear. While many doctors give a textbook explanation of the patient's issue, he goes the extra mile and explains your case in comprehensive detail. He seems to be intuitive regarding areas where the patient has concerns, explains where you should or should not worry, what you can expect in the short and long term, and what diet and prescription programs will be most beneficial for your issue.