A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Tyr Wilbanks:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Tyr Wilbanks is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Tyr Wilbanks, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Endocrine Surgical Procedures (Endocrine Surgery)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Wilbanks graduated from Cornell University, New York.
Dr. Wilbanks has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Hlth Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wilbanks accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- WellCare - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 3 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Tyr O. Wilbanks practice?
Dr. Tyr Wilbanks practices Surgery near Bronx, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Yonkers, NY.
See Bronx Surgeons.