Dr. Uchenna Uzoukwu MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

September 24th, 2015
Had an appoinitment for my daughter at 3:00pm. Did not get in until almost 4:30pm. He was on the phone. Sat down talked to us less that 3 minutes and wouldnt listen to my opinion at all.

September 2nd, 2015
Terrible Doctor
I saw him about a week ago and there is a list of problems I have. First, he asks a question and doesn't wait for the complete answer and even would sigh and stop me if I tried to explain the answer beyond one or two words. Second, he doesn't speak English well, has a very thick accent, and speaks very, very fast. Third, if I ask him to please repeat the question he would get angry with me, roll his eyes, and repeat himself the exact same way. Fourth, he doesn't listen to the answers you do give him making him ask you the same question even moments after you answered the same one. Fifth, he disregards any opinion you have on your medication or other medications like poor reactions to some and others working well. Sixth, when you repeat yourself to explain the bad reaction you had he just stares at you like you didn't say anything and continues on with his conversation. Seventh, he fidgets and plays with stuff in his room while you are talking to him. The staff seem nice at to your face, but when a patient that annoyed them would leave they immediately start talking about the patient as if they weren't in a room full of patients. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone who is seeking proper psychiatric care

July 6th, 2015
Never again
He didn't let you talk, was completely condescending and rude. Waste of money and time. Doesn't care about patients

February 22nd, 2012
very difficult to communicate with, and like pulling teeth to get the staff and His approval on sending needed documents to places required

October 5th, 2011
Very Pleased!
I am very happy with the care my son continues to receive. I was very happy to find out that Dr. Uzoukwu only prescribes medicine if needed. My son was prescribed medicine for ADHD and has been doing great ever since. The secretaries are very nice. They do dress in regular clothing but that actually makes me feel more comfortable when I go there. They are not ignorant nor do they act like they are above everyone that walks in the door like most staff at doctor's offices. Very pleased!