A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Uday Shankar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Uday Shankar is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shankar
COPD Patient Education Learn all about about COPD with Vitals chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shankar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Uday Shankar, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Shankar graduated from Bangalore Medical College.
Dr. Shankar has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Harlan Appalachian Regional Healthcare
- Whitesburg Appalachian Regional Healthcare
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Uday Tr Shankar BS, MBBS, and MD is a male Internist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Uday T. Shankar practice?
- Dr. Uday Shankar has 1 office location.
Dr. Uday Shankar practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Hazard, KY.
See Hazard Internists and Hazard Gastroenterologists.