Dr. Ulhas Mayekar MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Holmes, PA

April 20th, 2017
My anxiety became worse after seeing him!
I visited Dr. Mayerkar two times. Both times I felt as though I was wasting his time and even left his office crying with MORE anxiety then I walked in with. :'( ... Let me start by telling you that I have a 9 year old daughter whom has a severe and life threatening condition. When she was first diagnosed (almost a year ago), I handled it just like anyone would. I was sad and scared for her. It wasn't until about five months after her diagnosis and continued treatment, that I "really" broke down with full blown anxiety and panic attacks. I was completely overwhelemed between not knowing what my daughter's future will be like, making sure she gets all of her medications, following up at all of her doctors, being in n out of hospital with her, dealing with all of her scary symptoms, and more!! :'( I also think part of my anxiety had to do with my own experience of new health scares/symptoms. Since now having to deal with my own health on top of hers, it made me worry about something happening to me and leaving my sick daughter behind! :'( Who would take her to all of her doctor appts? Who would make sure she gets all of her medications? Who would care for her as much as I do? Who would care for her at all? And the list goes on... The anxiety got to the point where I couldn't even function! I was trying to take care of her, myself, and my other daughter (who is healthy, thank the Lord) while dealing with debilitating anxiety. In November, I saw my first Physchiatrist whom prescribed me Ativan as needed and Zoloft. The ativan made me feel normal again! Yes, I would still feel sad at times because of my daughter's situation, but I was able to function and take care of her again! Unfortunately, that physchiatrist's office closed. :'( They referred me to Dr. Mayerkar before doing so. ... My first visit, I explained to Dr. Mayerkar that I was taking ativan as needed and a low dose of Zoloft. I told him I feel so much better then I did back in November and December. Yes, I still have my moments. It is hard for me to talk about my daughter and her situation without crying. :'( However, I think any loving mother would be the same way!! I told Dr. Mayerkar that I ended up at a low dose of Zoloft because the higher doses made me speed up, which then made me not sleep at night. :'( I felt as though I was doing fine on the ativan as needed (which has not been more then 2 x a day) and the low dose of Zoloft. He ended up prescribing me the low dose of zoloft and ativan to continue, but he said I am bipolar because of the high dose of Zoloft making me speed up?! I am really confused with that diagnosis and told him that I was doing better with the low dose of Zoloft and the ativan, so I wished to continue with that. I did not want to take any chances of me back tracking to how I was in Nov/Dec. Anyway, I made another appt with him for a month out and then saw him again. This time, I told him the same thing. I was doing better. Still have my moments because if my daughter's situation, but I am doing better. Even with that being said, he once again told me that he thinks I am bipolar. This time not only because of the reaction that I had with the high dose of Zoloft before, but he said it is because I talk fast?!?! He specifically said to me, "If you don't take bipolar medicine, then I can not see you anymore." I immediately was thrown back! I started to cry. One, because I am deathly afraid of that diagnoses and don't know much about it. (In which I could tell he did not want to take the time to explain it either.) Two, I KNEW the reason I talk fast is because I have anxiety, ESPECIALLY when I feel like I am being rushed and I don't have much time to talk (like how I felt in his office both times being there). Three, I knew this means that he could care less to what I am going through and I was no longer going to get the prescriptions I needed to be able to function for my family. :'( I told him that I was scared and that I didn't want to back track, but again he told me that he was not going to help me any further if I didn't take bipolar medcine!!! :'( I was and still am confused. As I got up to leave, he said "Do not make a follow up appt". I was/am so embarrassed about the way he treated me. I felt as if I was/am a loser/failure and he just did not want to waste his time with me. :'( I left his office and cried the whole way home and some. My anxiety is now worse that it has been in weeks!!! :'( I am so scared!!! Dr. Mayerkar was ready to hand me out bipolar medicine with little to no explanation as to why. He didn't even want to listen to my thoughts about it. He knew I was scared and didn't care. He knew I was having better days, but still wanted to change the meds. He immediately blammed my fast talking on being bipolar instead of being anxious and feeling rushed by him. He literally watched me walk our of his office knowing I was worse then when I came in and didn't even blink an eye. :'( Dr. Mayerkar is the most unsympathetic doctor I have ever been to! I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY do NOT recommend him!!! :'( I could go on and on, but I think I will stop here. :'( -Sincerely, a loving mother who has been through SO MUCH these past 10 months and just needed help coping with it all. :'( :'( (I pray this does not back track me to how I was in Dec/Nov.)

January 5th, 2016
Great doctor and staff
Dr. Mayekar and his staff are no nonsense practitioners but don't be put off by their no nonsense approach. If you are in a jam, he will be there for you and the office staff also will go out of their way to help you out. Recently, there was a mix-up at my pharmacy and I was without my meds. I was going into SSRI withdrawal so I called the number the doc leaves on his machine for after hours issues. I felt bad disturbing him but I was in a bad way. He immediately understood the problem and helped to get it straightened out immediately. I cannot tell you how relieved I was. I highly recommend Dr. Mayekar for your mental health needs.

June 17th, 2011
Excellent psychiatrist
Dr. Mayekar is an excellent psychiatrist who listens carefully to his patients when they are needing to make adjustments to their medication regimes. He takes into account the specific needs of the individual patient, how medications may effect them, and how the patient might make various changes to improve their quality of life. He is also calm, and engaging which allows patients to feel calm too. Waiting times is very brief and appointments are easy to obtain.

January 14th, 2009