Dr. Ulker Tok MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 3rd, 2017
Explosive
My first rheumatologist appt. I was prepared with questions. Diagnosis already made years ago. When I attempted to ask my questions I had to ask each one about four times and she had no interest in answering them . In learning that she was my first rheumatologist she rolled her eyes . I told her that I do not do drugs but I am open to what she wants to tell me about the drugs. I would want to know how they can be helpful, what she thought would be the benefit to me , what the side effects were and if I were to get side effects what is the earliest they would show up . She told me that she needed me to be compliant and do what she told me to do . I politely told her that I was not a very compliant person and I would need to have information in order to make a decision on the care. It was obvious that this made her angry. She rolled her wheeled stool over to me and with a maniacal face stretched out toward me , she told me that I would die . She then said I would die within 5 to 10 years without doing what she told me . She was not interested in questions therefore I am not interested in her . I want a partner in my healthcare. I feel that the disability, pain, suffering, isolation that comes with this disease is so serious that each of us as patients needs to have all the information in order to make an informed decision . I felt that she has psychological issues . She came across as a bully but I do not think that she is a bully but that she has some difficulties outside of her medical-practice . I am sending her blessings of comfort and wisdom . She wanted to order test and when I asked the reason for the test she was totally unwilling to tell me . I will not be going back . Possibly she does need to be reported and take some time away from being a physician .

May 4th, 2017
waste of my time
I have yet to leave this office without being frustrated

February 1st, 2017
RX Refills
It takes 30 days to get a refill done. Nobody in the office is ever willing to help get it done. They just say they are waiting on the doctor so to bad so sad

December 29th, 2016
Well known Rheumatologist didn't help me at all but Tok has
I saw Dr. Tok for a few years, but at some point changed to a highly recommended specialist in Tucson. After two years of three month visits with him, I was not only getting progressively worse, but his office policy 'fired' me as a patient because I missed an appointment. Never mind that I cancelled the day before, when I was in extreme misery and could not make the three hour trip to his Tucson office. Apparently that sympathetic, hand holding, distinguished doctor would not tolerate any appointment cancelled less than 72 hours before scheduled appointment time. So, I returned to Dr. Tok because she helped me in the past, and she is helping me now. Not with pain meds; if you want someone to prescribe strong medications, then good luck. I don't ask for pain meds. I want someone who knows how to stop the progression of RA, someone who fights back against this lonely debilitating disease. Dr. Tok doesn't have much time with her patients. Most rheumatologist in Tucson don't, as that specialty is under-represented in southern Arizona, and it typically takes months to see a specialist. But Dr. Tok has been very good with me, even after I returned to her. We've had disagreements about medications, but when I've explained my reasons, she has taken them in consideration and managed my Healthcare in a mutually beneficial manner. I reiterate--if you're looking for pain pills, look elsewhere, because Dr. Tok is--as is every other doctor in Az--sceptical. Dr. Tok is not the monster she's been made out to be by many posts. I trust her with my treatment.

November 11th, 2016
common sense
pharmacy, myself, my wife kept calling Dr. Tok's office to inform her of wrong scripp (too high dosage) but, exactly like the previous prescription, (also had errors) her staff keeps telling us she is very busy and whenever she has time she will review our numerous messages and correct prescription. Eleven days now have passed and since it is fri most probably won't answer. This medication can cause serious heart problems. Both times she has prescribed me medications she has made mistakes.

July 19th, 2016
Rude
I have never experienced such a lack of professionalisam!! She was unfriendly and even rude! Arrogant and zero compassion. Would NEVER RECOMMEND Her!!!!!

July 12th, 2016
Dr.
I love dr. Tok she is a great doctor.

July 11th, 2016
I was referred by my primary. It was a headache from the start the office was very rude when I tried to schedule told me I was in a call back stack. I'm not sure how many times I went it in a handful at least. Every single time I waited for at least an hour and when you have unexplained pain sitting in a waiting room is miserable I was always near tears when finally called back. Dr spends maybe 7 minutes I just want to hopefully get some relief at some point. Medications weren't working which just seemed to be a bother to her not make her want to get to the bottom of helping me. One med need a tb test. She wrote a script I question the nurse on what to do with it her response was to snitch it away and say doc doesn't know how any of this works you don't need that. I was instructed on when to come back to have it read, so I go back in when they told me too there was next to no one there they were completely rude to me about that whole thing acting like I had done something wrong by going in when they told me too. I dreaded every appt. Finally my primary referred me somewhere else and I stopped going however I still need to find someone that can help me..

June 8th, 2016
very poor bedside manner--hostile attitude towards questioning her treatment plans

April 13th, 2016
The worst Dr. I have ever seen. RUDE and a very angry aggressive attitude...

April 12th, 2016
She's mostly "all business" but I needed a good rheumatologist, not a friend. She knows her stuff!! Over time, she has definitely warmed up to me & she stays on top of your condition. Always makes time for a patient in pain.Very happy with her care.

August 16th, 2015
She is way too over booked with patients and has little to no time listening to u. She asks the questions, but doesnt listen to the answers or your feelings.. You r just another one of her milliilon patients she sees, daily.